Borla touring or s type w/MagnaFlow tru x resonator

Funke5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Currently have pypes H-box cat-back system on my 16 mustang gt, it sounds good but is too loud for me. I'm going back and forth between the borla touring cat back and the borla s type axle back with the magnaflow Tru x resonator. Looking for some feedback/opinions. Everything else on the car is stock.
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Currently have pypes H-box cat-back system on my 16 mustang gt, it sounds good but is too loud for me. I'm going back and forth between the borla touring cat back and the borla s type axle back with the magnaflow Tru x resonator. Looking for some feedback/opinions. Everything else on the car is stock.
Those two options would be roughly equivalent volume, and would sound very similar too. At that volume I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between the Borla resonator and the resonated X pipe.

OP
OP
Funke5

Funke5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Those two options would be roughly equivalent volume, and would sound very similar too. At that volume I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between the Borla resonator and the resonated X pipe.
Okay thanks for the input, there aren't many videos on YouTube with the s type and magnaflow combo.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think you'd be just fine swapping the mufflers alone. The S-types and Touring are among the quieter muffler choices and right now you've essentially got a muffler delete at the back.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The MF tru x kills most volume even quieter than stock in some cases. So if quietest is what you're looking for that's your choice.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
tru x on my car with FRPP/Borla was to quiet even with LT's.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I had the borla touring with the big resonator That looks like the tru x (I believe they serve the same purpose which is to quiet down very loud setups) and it was close to stock not much louder. I took that resonator off and put on an h pipe and it’s pretty perfect. It’s loud when you really step on it but driving around town if you leave the car out of sport mode it can be quiet as well. I believe the s type and the touring have the same mufflers btw I think the difference is whether it comes with an x pipe or a resonator.

OP
OP
Funke5

Funke5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I had the borla touring with the big resonator That looks like the tru x (I believe they serve the same purpose which is to quiet down very loud setups) and it was close to stock not much louder. I took that resonator off and put on an h pipe and it’s pretty perfect. It’s loud when you really step on it but driving around town if you leave the car out of sport mode it can be quiet as well. I believe the s type and the touring have the same mufflers btw I think the difference is whether it comes with an x pipe or a resonator.
Okay thanks, I'm actually thinking of pairing the s type with the mrt h pipe

OP
OP
Funke5

Funke5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Do you have
Do you have any personal sound clips?

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Do you have

Do you have any personal sound clips?
I feel the camera can’t really capture the true sound of the exhaust so I’ve never made any videos on it but here’s a youtube link that I think resembles the tone with the exception of it maybe being deeper in person.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Funke5

Funke5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I feel the camera can’t really capture the true sound of the exhaust so I’ve never made any videos on it but here’s a youtube link that I think resembles the tone with the exception of it maybe being deeper in person.
Okay thanks man.

OP
OP
Funke5

Funke5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
You were right I just installed the s type with my mrt h pipe and it's perfect.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
The Touring would be quieter than the S Type. Both do sound really good. Since you are deleting the resonator i'd go with the Touring. Sounds great. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You were right I just installed the s type with my mrt h pipe and it's perfect.
Good move. Combining the S-type with a Tru X would have been overkill for lower volume.
Sponsored