Sponsored

Borla Switchfire Xpipe Installed!! Sounds fantastic!

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If you were on the fence about swapping out the resonator with the Borla Switchfire let me go ahead and tell you that it sounds freaking amazing!
Really wakes up the Mach 1!
This is a quick rev comparison between the stock system and the Switchfire with both in Track mode. Overall volume is increased while still maintaining the tone of the Mach 1 for the most part! Definitely recommend the Borla Switchfire Xpipe!
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sounds good man. Even that stock exhaust sounds incredible. We're really blessed with a good stock axleback. Your microphone also picks up the tone quite well.

I would get the Switchfire if I didn't have Kooks on order. Going to do a custom setup in the mid section to deal with the additional noise.

OP
OP
MrXXX0

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sounds good man. Even that stock exhaust sounds incredible. We're really blessed with a good stock axleback. Your microphone also picks up the tone quite well.

I would get the Switchfire if I didn't have Kooks on order. Going to do a custom setup in the mid section to deal with the additional noise.
Stock definitely still sounds good and I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to keep the stock exhaust sound, it just sounds that good but I like loud and this fits the bill. Definitely headers with this even with the stock mufflers would be on a whole different level of noise. Might even be too much. Lol

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
The Mustang GT/Mach 1/Shelby IMO have one of the best stock exhaust systems on the market. This is one of very few cars that I would buy and not have to do anything to get a good exhaust.

I remember in 2017 I had a BMW M4 and the sound was absolute rubbish, I had to upgrade it to the M Performance exhaust I just couldn't live with a car that doesn't sound as exciting as it looks.

the other great stock exhaust I heard other than the supercars off course is the Maserati Ghibli

Call me crazy but I didn't like the exhaust on the Camaro and Corvette, not so much drama

Last edited:

Slicktricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1
I wonder how the switchfire compares to a regular H pipe? I wonder if it’s louder than the H

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

The Switchfire isn't just an xpipe as the bottom pipes are straight through. It has a different tone than just a regular x pipe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrXXX0

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The Mustang GT/Mach 1/Shelby IMO have one of the best stock exhaust systems on the market. This is one of very few cars that I would buy and not have to do anything to get a good sound.

I remember in 2017 I had a BMW M4 and the sound was absolute rubbish, I had to upgrade it to the M Performance exhaust I just couldn't live with a car that doesn't sound as exciting as it looks.

the other great stock exhaust I heard other than the super cars offcourse is the Maserati Ghibli

Call me crazy but I didn't like the exhaust on the Camaro and Corvette, not so much drama
I agree with everything you said. The Camaro and Corvette really need Corsa to
I wonder how the switchfire compares to a regular H pipe? I wonder if it’s louder than the H
In general X pipes are louder/raspier the H pipes. H pipes with how they interact/disrupt the exhaust pulses tend to have a deeper not as loud sound.

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I cringed when I saw the price on this pieice, so I went with a FP x pipe a few weeks ago...but I am weak for a good exhuast note and happy with the M1 axleback, so I am swapping to one of these today. So one of the two will be forsale by the end of the week!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I cringed when I saw the price on this pieice, so I went with a FP x pipe a few weeks ago...but I am weak for a good exhuast note and happy with the M1 axleback, so I am swapping to one of these today. So one of the two will be forsale by the end of the week!
I just installed the FP X-pipe today and don’t like it either. Coming back off, didn’t fit great, boomy at 2000 rpm, almost quiet at some higher rpm’s. Stock resonator going back on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MrXXX0

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just installed the FP X-pipe today and don’t like it either. Coming back off, didn’t fit great, boomy at 2000 rpm, almost quiet at some higher rpm’s. Stock resonator going back on.
Stock still sounds fantastic with the Mach 1. I wouldn't fault anyone for wanting to keep the exhaust stock at all.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Don’t stop at the X, go for the Steeda H next.

Last edited:

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
If you were on the fence about swapping out the resonator with the Borla Switchfire let me go ahead and tell you that it sounds freaking amazing!
Really wakes up the Mach 1!
This is a quick rev comparison between the stock system and the Switchfire with both in Track mode. Overall volume is increased while still maintaining the tone of the Mach 1 for the most part! Definitely recommend the Borla Switchfire Xpipe!
This one seems to really tone down the raspy...I can do without that raspy just not a fan. I may have to consider this one.

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I had no issues with the FP x pipe sound to be honest, other than I did not like the clamps at the back, it wouldn't have added a lot of cost for a slip fit.

On the CF, I really like how it sounds, for sure no rasp. Is it worth the price, absolutely not unless is adds power, but it isnt enough for the butt dyno to pick up.

Ill keep it for awhile. I would probably go with a slip fit pipe either way, x or h if I do not keep this. I probably will however, I'm too lazy to pull it out again...

20220524_162651.jpg