Sponsored

Borla S Type AB/H Pipe vs Roush AB/H Pipe Loudness/Tone?

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
So I currently have a Roush AB on my 2019 GT and before I used to have it paired with an H Pipe but it was just a bit too loud in my opinion and the cold starts were obnoxiously loud to where they sounded bad (the giant fart sound as I like to call it). Had to go back to the stock resonator with the Roush and while it definetely helped with all of that, I was thinking about switching things up.

So I'm considering the Borla S-Type AB right now and if I end up getting it, I'd like to put the H Pipe back onto the car to get some of that volume back.

Can anyone tell me what the differences would be between the S Type/H Pipe and the Roush/H Pipe? I'm guessing the Roush would be the louder system right? But by how much.

And also tone. When I had the Roush with the H Pipe, the low end tone was great but definetely got raspy when you got higher into the RPM. How would the S Type/H Pipe be? I'm guessing deeper overall but would it keep the deepness even higher in the RPMs?

Oh and cold start. Anyone who has the Borla with an H Pipe, can you guys tell me how the cold start volume is? Loud is okay with me but I just hate the Roush's giant burst at the beginning that it had.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SHxTGUN

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Or should I just go with the Borla S Type Axle-Back/H-Pipe if I'm looking for the deep exhaust note with no drone?

Those are basically my 3 options. Does anyone know if the Borla S Type would provide a better tone compared to my current Roush AB? And also what would the volume difference be with the H-Pipe between the two?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Or should I just go with the Borla S Type Axle-Back/H-Pipe if I'm looking for the deep exhaust note with no drone?

Those are basically my 3 options. Does anyone know if the Borla S Type would provide a better tone compared to my current Roush AB? And also what would the volume difference be with the H-Pipe between the two?
Borla s type is my favorite have had it as an axle back and also h pipe cat delete on my 13.
I know people have retro fitted active exhaust with a stock ae setup. If you want active that would be the route I look into.
I wouldn’t touch anything with a flow master name even if it was given to me free.

OP
OP
SHxTGUN

SHxTGUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for the opinion. Yeah the Borla is definetely my #1 option right now.

I actually reworded the entire thread to a different question now instead of making a new thread so if anyone has any answers to this comparison, it would be appreciated.

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
Thanks for the opinion. Yeah the Borla is definetely my #1 option right now.

I actually reworded the entire thread to a different question now instead of making a new thread so if anyone has any answers to this comparison, it would be appreciated.
I first installed the roush H pipe with the factory mufflers, I figured I’d take baby steps & of course I knew I’d want more. The Borla S-Type sound is just what I wanted, the Roush A/B just sounded too raspy for me. I know it’s loud cause I have a lot of people ask me if its Street legal & my reply is always, what do I care !

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I had the Ford Racing Borla Sports with the H pipe and it was perfect except for with the automatic 6 speed. It exaggerated the exhaust tone when it shifted due to the slow shifting. Which I didn’t like. In a M6 it would have been great. And it hit a high tone right around 2300 rpms then smoothed out. At higher rpms it was music. I ended up going to the Magnaflow resonator to smooth it out, which made it quieter. Maybe the regular Borla sport is a better match with the H pipe.
Sponsored