nmusti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 convertible
Hi all,

I'm a new mustang owner. I recently purchased a 2016 ruby red V6 convertible and am loving it so far. I'm slowly making some mods (I've done a CAI and bigger throttle body) and am trying to figure out my best option for exhaust.

From what I've read, I think going with a Borla system is my best bet. I've narrowed it down to either the cat-back touring or the axle-back Stinger. I'm not crazy about the stock exhaust sound, I'd like something with a little more "meat" to it, but not too loud that I can't have a phone conversation with the top up. If there's a performance increase from one over the other please explain. I might at some point add the bbk shorty headers, but the exhaust and probably a tuner will come before that.

I've heard that the cat-back is not a simple bolt on because it doesn't fit well with the bracing of the convertible. If I'm installing myself, how much of a pain will that be, I don't want to end up with a rattle.

Is the $500 difference in cost worth it, what will I get by spending the extra cash??

Does anyone have the axle-back Stinger on a V6 vert, if so can you describe how loud it is?

Thanks!
Sponsored