borla and electric cars

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'm thinking of adding the Mach-E sounds to my 5.0........... Will there soon be a speaker kit for that too? Nothing like the sweet sound of tire hum. :)
Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
It is lame, but fast forward 10 years and the next generation will think its normal
Along with girls having dinks, and men having babys.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Saw a program today the had Borla making a system that makes the mustang e sound like a GT
how lame is that.
Very lame - we have a Mach-e GT and one of the things I love about it is that it is quiet.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Geez, you are so stuck in the present. Why should they stick to ICE? Every good company has to plan for the future. That's all that Borla is doing.
I might feel a little differently if the EV transition wasn't being forced and ICE sportscars weren't being killed off just so people who buy EV's can play a soundtrack like they're back in ICE vehicles again. I find it pretty ironic.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I am keeping an open mind about EVs, and there may even be a legit safety argument about having some sort of EV sound generation to warn pedestrians and to provide some sort of driver feedback, but I have to just say no to fake engine sounds.
EVs aren't soundless - the motors and tires make noise. Often as much as an approaching quiet ICE. The Mach-e isn't as loud as her prior GC SRT, but I still know when she's coming down the street.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Ever change the wallpaper on your computer or phone? How about your ringtone? Same difference.

I drove a Mach-E GT and found the silence to be quite disconcerting. Having some noise would have been appreciated. If that noise sounds like a Coyote, all the better.
An EV doesn't have an engine, so there is no engine noise.

This is no different than the vegan's who insist on calling their heavily processed pea protein strips with artificial smoke flavoring "bacon".

If you're going to be vegan, eat vegetables -- don't try to pretend they are something else. Same with EVs. Embrace that electric motor "DeWalt drill" sound.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

This is no different than the vegan's who insist on calling their heavily processed pea protein strips with artificial smoke flavoring "bacon".

If you're going to be vegan, eat vegetables -- don't try to pretend they are something else. Same with EVs. Embrace that electric motor "DeWalt drill" sound.
I guess youā€™re right Derek but Iā€™ve been in a number of EVā€™s and I find the lack of sound disconcerting. Maybe that would change if I drove one on a daily basis. Right now, I would like the option for some kind of sound.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

I just don`t understand why they don`t capture some of the EV motor noises and pump it outside/inside cabin through piping. EV motors (not engines) do make noises.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I just don`t understand why they don`t capture some of the EV motor noises and pump it outside/inside cabin through piping. EV motors (not engines) do make noises.
Iā€˜m a bit of a hard liner on this whole EV thing and Iā€™ll happily admit it. But I think the most appropriate soundtrack to play along with an EV would be that of the greasy flatulence recorded the morning after a couple of bad burritos from an unpermitted Mexican food truck.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
As far as I'm concerned the whole electric vs ice thing is merely a distraction. Really neither electric nor fossil fuels are sustainable very long term. That means that eventually there will have to be some other means to power vehicles. Weather that will be nuclear, hydrogen or whatever, I certainly don't know and I believe it's irrelevant.
IMO the entire point of electric vehicles is to make self driving vehicles palatable and popular with the end goal of eliminating any human interaction or control of any ground transportation. Eventually you will climb into your vehicle tell it your destination and sit back and do nothing. All traffic will be controlled and regulated with no input from the people in the vehicle, be it private or public.
So go ahead and argue about EV, ICE, noise, etc because you're just playing into what the powers that be want, to keep you distracted until you have zero control.
Sponsored