Sponsored

borla and electric cars

GMB Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 16 Escape, 21 F250 (all Ruby Red)
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a program today the had Borla making a system that makes the mustang e sound like a GT
how lame is that.
Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Someone posted about it on one of the facebook groups and i could not believe how many people defended it and were all for it....its straight up lame as hell.

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Saw a program today the had Borla making a system that makes the mustang e sound like a GT
how lame is that.
All Girls Garage. I watched that. It's cool, but not my thing if I had a Mach-E. But I get it. Sound is awesome for driver feedback and it's why we tune our exhaust.

I wouldn't buy it lol.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
It is lame, but fast forward 10 years and the next generation will think its normal

Sponsored

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Itā€™s lame but it makes sense from a business standpoint.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
You kidding me? A millennial that can make their E Doofusmobile sound like a V8 Shelby, then tomorrow a V10 R8 then the next day a V12 Lamborghini? Those idiots will be all over it

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You kidding me? A millennial that can make their E Doofusmobile sound like a V8 Shelby, then tomorrow a V10 R8 then the next day a V12 Lamborghini? Those idiots will be all over it
Ever change the wallpaper on your computer or phone? How about your ringtone? Same difference.

I drove a Mach-E GT and found the silence to be quite disconcerting. Having some noise would have been appreciated. If that noise sounds like a Coyote, all the better.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yeah, even if it's fake, let's let people enjoy some fun sounds on their EV. I don't want it for myself, but at least it's something to make them a little less boring, lol.
I hear you but just FYI there was nothing boring about the MEGT. It was a blast to drive. Fast as crap, and handled more than decently (just a little backroads fun). Very comfortable with good driving dynamics. Now about that name and the lack of soundā€¦ā€¦oh never mind.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
It was always inevitable.

And Iā€™m sorry, I realize Iā€™m nothing more than an old school hard-liner. Iā€™ll happily stipulate to it. But in my opinion when youā€™re talking Mach-e lame becomes kind of a relative term.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have a floor fan that rattles. Wouldn't that be more appropriate? Or say, a wash machine, blender, mix master.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I hear you but just FYI there was nothing boring about the MEGT. It was a blast to drive. Fast as crap, and handled more than decently (just a little backroads fun). Very comfortable with good driving dynamics. Now about that name and the lack of soundā€¦ā€¦oh never mind.
I like how EV's drive, but once you get used to the blistering 0-60 times and seat of the pants feel, there's not much else to get excited about. I love a good handling car, but with modern tires, most sporty cars can take corners on the street well above legal speed limits, and I've gotten to an age where that just doesn't feel very responsible. Typically cars that are exceedingly impressive technically are the ones that hold my attention for the least amount of time. Not because they're bad per se, but for most realistic driving that isn't going to put me in jail, a much slower, more engaging car with a manual transmission and a fabulous sound track out of the tail pipes is far more enjoyable for me.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Lots of companies have been piping fake engine noise into the cabin for years, Ford has done it, BMW has done it. What's the difference?
It's lame in both cases, but I don't see what makes Borla's attempt noteworthy.
Sponsored