Sponsored

borla and electric cars

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I like how EV's drive, but once you get used to the blistering 0-60 times and seat of the pants feel, there's not much else to get excited about. I love a good handling car, but with modern tires, most sporty cars can take corners on the street well above legal speed limits, and I've gotten to an age where that just doesn't feel very responsible. Typically cars that are exceedingly impressive technically are the ones that hold my attention for the least amount of time. Not because they're bad per se, but for most realistic driving that isn't going to put me in jail, a much slower, more engaging car with a manual transmission and a fabulous sound track out of the tail pipes is far more enjoyable for me.
I may have the last sentence of your post above tattooed on my arm.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You kidding me? A millennial that can make their E Doofusmobile sound like a V8 Shelby, then tomorrow a V10 R8 then the next day a V12 Lamborghini? Those idiots will be all over it
And I can't wait until the hackers tap into those modules and make the car sound like a baby making "vroom, vroom" or burbling fart noises.... now THAT would just be hilarious.... :devil:

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s lame but it makes sense from a business standpoint.
Explain to me how a stainless steel pipe company, benefits from becoming a Speaker Company and/or air pump company?

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
You kidding me? A millennial that can make their E Doofusmobile sound like a V8 Shelby, then tomorrow a V10 R8 then the next day a V12 Lamborghini? Those idiots will be all over it
Yea but why to they think the sound of a combustion engine is cool?

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Because itā€™s indisputable fact?
I guess for those who grew up with gas cars yes. But at what point in time does this go away? We are in a weird transformation moment. Making electric cars sound like gas cars.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I am keeping an open mind about EVs, and there may even be a legit safety argument about having some sort of EV sound generation to warn pedestrians and to provide some sort of driver feedback, but I have to just say no to fake engine sounds.

Sponsored

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
I am keeping an open mind about EVs, and there may even be a legit safety argument about having some sort of EV sound generation to warn pedestrians and to provide some sort of driver feedback, but I have to just say no to fake engine sounds.
Just make it play ice cream truck jingles.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Maybe the Mach E can play a louder version of the hoofbeat sound from our turn signals šŸ¤£

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I guess for those who grew up with gas cars yes. But at what point in time does this go away? We are in a weird transformation moment. Making electric cars sound like gas cars.
When the Corvair was introduced some suppliers (yes, I am referring to you J. C. Whitney) sold fake grilles for the front so they would look like "a real car". Where is JC now when we need them again?

If the EVs had wire wheels we could put baseball cards in the spokes. Imagine how bad the guy feels now who put a couple Honus Wagners on his bicycle back in the 20's! ;)

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
I would rather have more displacement then replacement.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Here you goā€¦ā€¦perfect! :crackup: :cwl:
Sponsored