BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
Thanks for the link. It's nice to see videos of single car with installed exhaust but difficult to compare whitout a side-by-side comparo.

What we need now is to get a stock car and a borla car side-by-side in the same video, same camera, same mike...

Here is a video a friend and I did when I installed a Renntech Sport Muffler on my wagon. If someone is willing to do a similar video it will help a lot in deciding to pull the trigger or not!

[ame]

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Hey guys, here is a link to the video of the exhaust it was recorded on my phone but you can get the just of it! More videos to come dyno runs, track runs, canyon carving. What it's ment to do. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNnMcLngk4A/
Sounds pretty awesome. Like 99.9% of owners I run in sport mode 99.9% of the time. The stock exhaust is so quiet in normal mode, even w/o resonators, that the only purpose it really serves is to offer totally silent operation in 6th gear which I certainly appreciate on a long cruise. How is the Borla in normal mode for extended periods at 70-80 mph. I realize there is no drone/resonance but how aware are you of the exhaust? With stock exhaust I can put the trans in neutral at that speed and let the engine idle with no difference in sound.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Could someone get a measured sound reading similar to a race track? The OEM R exhaust is really close to some track dB limits as is. I am interested in the exhaust, but I am worried about sound restrictions. :thumbsup:
DUDE!! iT is significantly louder than the resonator-less stock version!!!!! If DB restrictions is a concern just run the ATAK in normal as it is very similar to the R in sport if not just a tad quieter.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
DUDE!! iT is significantly louder than the resonator-less stock version!!!!! If DB restrictions is a concern just run the ATAK in normal as it is very similar to the R in sport if not just a tad quieter.
Unless you're somehow tuning the valve system, it opens during WOT no matter what mode you're in.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Unless you're somehow tuning the valve system, it opens during WOT no matter what mode you're in.
yes and when you are not WOT it closes. whats the point? If noise restriction is a concern the resonator-less stock system is already to loud for many places. Same advice is given, run in normal so the valve is not open all the time and when passing sound station get off the throttle lol

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Thanks for the clarification. Significantly louder is a no-go.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the clarification. Significantly louder is a no-go.
its a lot to search through but I posted this in this thread sometime ago. In Sport it is deafening loud and past my phones mic's threshold

[ame]

Last edited:

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Correction

Isn't that the dealership that charges 20K ADM in Vegas?
Gaudin Ford : Las Vegas

Great experience worth every penny of it.

:ford::ford::ford::ford::ford::ford:

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
its a lot to search through but I posted this in this thread sometime ago. In Sport it is deafening loud and past my phones mic's threshold

Videos like this are not much use to me. If you set up a camera about 50 feet away from the road and pass by it at WOT... :clap2:

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Borla did their own high quality video with direct comparisons to stock. Search Borla GT350 Atak on youtube.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
So has anyone received and installed the updated system, meet expectations?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.