BORLA® Exhaust for the GT350

Status
Not open for further replies.

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It seems to be an error on Ford's site, but David Borla confirmed that both systems are indeed 2.75".
Sponsored

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there any information on the difference between the Borla atak exhaust and the Ford Performance exhaust by Borla? Valve, diameter, X-pipe?
The major difference is in the loud circuit of the mufflers. The Borla ATAK system uses our patented ATAK technology (of course). What that means is that we use a combination of pipes inside the muffler to tune the note, as opposed to a single core. They both flow the same so there's no performance difference. Just sound. ATAK is louder and the note is also a bit different. More of a race car note with the Borla system while the Ford Performance by Borla system is more of a traditional street car note. It's really just a question of preference because sound is subjective. As I mentioned they perform the same. No drone on either. Pipe diameter is the same, X-Pipe is also the same. But the ATAK cores really make these systems sound different from one another.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Thanks David!

So its fair to say with both systems weigh less than stock, have 2.75 diameter, same valve and same x-pipe, the only difference being the ATAK core?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Thanks David!

So its fair to say with both systems weigh less than stock, have 2.75 diameter, same valve and same x-pipe, the only difference being the ATAK core?
Isn't that exactly what he said? Lololo

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
David, will normal mode with Ford version be pretty quiet? Feedback here is the ATAK muffler in normal is nearly as loud as sport, and sport is all hell breaking loose! The ATAK description sounds pretty spot on for me, but I am curious about the alternative.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
when will the updated version be available? how would one verify that it is the updated piece of kit?

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
I am also waiting for confirmation of the updated kit availability.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
The major difference is in the loud circuit of the mufflers. The Borla ATAK system uses our patented ATAK technology (of course). What that means is that we use a combination of pipes inside the muffler to tune the note, as opposed to a single core. They both flow the same so there's no performance difference. Just sound....
Just to followup on this - that confirms that both the Borla ATAK and the Ford Performance by Borla should have the ~18HP increase over stock without changing anything else?

Sponsored

Gt35022r

Ig: Kike_b_Sidewayz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Metallic Gray Gt350
Hey Guys, I'm the owner of the Gt350 that had the Borla exhaust installed in the pictured that was shown. I got to say Borla kicked some serious butt on this one. Thanks to David and Alvin and the rest of the borla team they got it nailed. Amazing job guys! The most important thing for me is they kept the original sound of the exhaust and amplified to what I call "Heaven Mode" The sound itself is just pure raw POWER. It sounds so good. ! I have videos of it on my Instagram (Kike_b_sidewayz). To give you guys an idea of the sound level. With the valves fully open on the stock exhaust system is what it sounds like with the valves closed on the Borla system. Once it opens up........ yup you guessed it. KICK ASS

Ive heard plenty of GT350's Exhausts/custom ones already because luckily I work at a FORD dealership that has had and sold the most gt350s in the country. So lets say,Most Shelby customer that come in for service are my customers :). This one sounds the best!

Last edited:

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
Hey Guys, I'm the owner of the Gt350 that had the Borla exhaust installed in the pictured that was shown. I got to say Borla kicked some serious butt on this one. Thanks to David and Alvin and the rest of the borla team they got it nailed. Amazing job guys! The most important thing for me is they kept the original sound of the exhaust and amplified to what I call "Heaven Mode" The sound itself is just pure raw POWER. It sounds so good. ! I have videos of it on my Instagram (Kike_b_sidewayz). To give you guys an idea of the sound level. With the valves fully open on the stock exhaust system is what it sounds like with the valves closed on the Borla system. Once it opens up........ yup you guessed it. KICK ASS

Ive heard plenty of GT350's Exhausts/custom ones already because luckily I work at a FORD dealership that has had and sold the most gt350s in the country. So lets say,Most Shelby customer that come in for service are my customers :). This one sounds the best!
Would love to hear it. Please post up a sound clip.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

This is some great feedback. Can't seem to locate your handle in Instagram or any videos. Can you please post a direct link to the videos? Thanks.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
Could someone get a measured sound reading similar to a race track? The OEM R exhaust is really close to some track dB limits as is. I am interested in the exhaust, but I am worried about sound restrictions. :thumbsup:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
So I contacted my ford performance parts dept today. The thing I'm worried about is initial units of the FP system will have the same fitment issues as the ATAK.

David can you confirm if the FP system will be overhauled to fit properly?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.