Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Borla Performance Industries (Oxnard, CA)
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
How the Active Exhaust Valves on a 2018 Ford Mustang GT Work

How the Active Exhaust Valves on a 2018 Ford Mustang GT Work

Research video from the R&D department at Borla shows how the Ford valves respond to rpm changes in all driving modes.

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Will Borla's X pipe be like Magnaflow's or be like everyone else's where it's just 2 pipes cut and rewelded together? Here's 2 examples. Thanks.
Racing and performance are in our DNA so Borla uses a merge-style X-pipe for all of our X-pipes. The merge style X-pipe is what's used in professional racing.

The Magnaflow example you've shown is a stamped/clam shell design that's rarely, if ever, used in professional racing. It's also a lot less expensive to manufacture.

Do a search for "racecar x-pipes" and look for examples of real x-pipes on real racecars.

Look for shots of the undercarriage of real racecars, you'll rarely, if ever, see a clamshell X-pipe design on a real, high horsepower racecar. Don't just search for what's called a racing x-pipe, look for real racecars with X-pipes. They are unanimous in using the merge-style design for X-pipes.

Race teams with access to flowbenches, dynomometers etc. do their homework so the reason you find merge style X-pipes almost exclusively on real racecars is because merge style X-pipe's outperform stamped/clamshell X-pipes.

With that said, if you're not making a living winning races by a second or two it probably won't make a big difference in your life. But if you want a race-bred part, a stamped X-pipe isn't it.

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Racing and performance are in our DNA so Borla uses a merge-style X-pipe for all of our X-pipes. The merge style X-pipe is what's used in professional racing.

The Magnaflow example you've shown is a stamped/clam shell design that's rarely, if ever, used in professional racing. It's also a lot less expensive to manufacture.

Do a search for "racecar x-pipes" and look for examples of real x-pipes on real racecars.

Look for shots of the undercarriage of real racecars, you'll rarely, if ever, see a clamshell X-pipe design on a real, high horsepower racecar. Don't just search for what's called a racing x-pipe, look for real racecars with X-pipes. They are unanimous in using the merge-style design for X-pipes.

Race teams with access to flowbenches, dynomometers etc. do their homework so the reason you find merge style X-pipes almost exclusively on real racecars is because merge style X-pipe's outperform stamped/clamshell X-pipes.

With that said, if you're not making a living winning races by a second or two it probably won't make a big difference in your life. But if you want a race-bred part, a stamped X-pipe isn't it.
Is that confirmation that, unlike the kits you produce for Ford Performance, the Borla-branded 2018 Mustang GT kits will utilize an X-pipe and not a mid-muffler/resonator?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
I do have one question: Will the Borla cat-back systems come with an x-pipe, or the resonated midpipe that the Ford Performance systems have?

Thanks!
Very excited to see Borla coming out with 2018 specific exhaust!!!

Also curious about if the system will be a true x-pipe instead of the resonator like the ford performance systems.
I’m wondering that, too. From what I can tell, the Ford Performance by Borla systems for the 2018 Mustang sound far less raspy than their 2015-17 systems that feature X-pipes.
Will Borla's X pipe be like Magnaflow's or be like everyone else's where it's just 2 pipes cut and rewelded together? Here's 2 examples. Thanks.
Is that confirmation that, unlike the kits you produce for Ford Performance, the Borla-branded 2018 Mustang GT kits will utilize an X-pipe and not a mid-muffler/resonator?
Our 3" S-Type Cat-Back and 3" ATAK Cat-Back will both have an X-Pipe. However, we will also be offering a front resonator option separately for those who wish to further attenuate the sound of their system. This front resonator would replace the x-pipe in either the S-Type or ATAK cat-back systems.

Adding the front resonator option to the S-Type cat-back would give you our Touring sound level, but you can also add the resonator to the ATAK cat-back, which can be particularly useful if you decide to add headers.

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
Borla Exhaust needs your 2018 Ford Mustang GT for R&D!

If you are located near our Oxnard, CA Research & Development Facility and are interested in letting us borrow your 2018 Ford Mustang GT in exchange for a FREE Borla Exhaust System, please PM me or email me at [email protected] for more information!

Vehicles Needed:
  • 2018 Ford Mustang GT (Active Exhaust)
  • 2018 Ford Mustang GT (Non-Active Exhaust)

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
In the Bay Area, I'd do the drive for a non active catback S type exhaust system with rolled quad tips. My car should be in by April 8th.
Thanks for offering your car! Unfortunately we need one ASAP, but please PM me your email so we can contact you if we do not get another car in before you receive yours! Thanks again!

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
[MENTION=32923]JeromeS550[/MENTION]

2018SilverStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1 6MT

If you are located near our Oxnard, CA Research & Development Facility and are interested in letting us borrow your 2018 Ford Mustang GT in exchange for a FREE Borla Exhaust System, please PM me or email me at [email protected] for more information!

Vehicles Needed:
  • 2018 Ford Mustang GT (Active Exhaust)
  • 2018 Ford Mustang GT (Non-Active Exhaust)

I have a 2018 Ford Mustang GT (Non-Active Exhaust) and I am in SoCal. If you're still looking for cars let me know.

Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
When can we expect to hear some non-active catback exhaust clips?

Ecoboosted15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Perf pack A10
When can we expect to hear some non-active catback exhaust clips?
I second that request! Lol
I’m waiting to buy a axle back kit but I’m very impatient. I’m tempted to buy the Roush kit since it’s already being sold. But I know Borla makes some very good sounds... I’m still waiting

Ian@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE!

Borla Exhaust for 2018+ Mustang GT 5.0L Active Exhaust

Video Coming Soon

140742_vehicle_xl.jpg

140743BC_vehicle_xl.jpg

S-Type

3" Cat-Back System with Bright Chrome Tips

Part Number: 140742
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140742.html

140742_xlarge.jpg

3" Cat-Back System with Black Chrome Tips

Part Number: 140742BC (Black Chrome)
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_stype_part__140742bc.html

140742BC_xlarge.jpg

ATAK
(Featuring Polyphonic Harmonizer Technology)

3" Cat-Back System with Bright Chrome Tips

Part Number: 140743
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_atak_part__140743.html

140743_xlarge.jpg

3" Cat-Back System with Black Chrome Tips

Part Number: 140743BC (Black Chrome)
Link: https://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_catback_exhaust_atak_part__140743bc.html

140743BC_xlarge.jpg

Full list of parts here: https://www.borla.com/ford-2018-mustang-exhaust-systems/

COMING SOON!

- Cat-Back Systems (Non-Active Exhaust)
- Axle-Back Systems (Active Exhaust & Non-Active Exhaust)
- Touring Sound Level Option
- X-Pipes
- Headers
- Carbon Fiber Tip Option

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PST).

Last edited:

Madtwos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem w/ Corsa Act Ex
Dam... Price killed it for me. Will wait until I see some videos but these exhausts are getting to expensive. My opinion :headbonk:

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Any sounds clips or videos?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.