Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Borla Performance Industries (Oxnard, CA)
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
BORLA® Exhaust for the 2018 Ford Mustang GT!
[COMING SOON]

Each BORLA® Exhaust System is built with premium T-304 stainless steel to give you the absolute best in performance and durability. We strive to provide you with high quality products and stand behind our systems with a Million-Mile Warranty. That said, we are excited to offer a number of performance exhaust options for the 2018 Ford Mustang GT, allowing you to customize the way your Mustang looks, sounds, and performs. Here's what we are working on...

https://www.borla.com/ford-2018-mustang-exhaust-systems/

Borla Exhaust Options:
  • Axle-Back Systems (Active Exhaust Valves & No Valves)
  • Cat-Back Systems (Active Exhaust Valves & No Valves)
  • X-Pipes
  • Headers

Borla Sound Levels:
  • Touring
  • S-Type
  • ATAK®

Borla Tip Options:
  • Bright Chrome (Silver)
  • Black Chrome
  • Carbon Fiber

Feel free to ask us questions & give us your feedback! We want to hear from you!

Photos, Videos, & Information will be posted to this thread so Subscribe & Stay Tuned!!

Borla R&D...
IMG_0230-2-smaller.jpg
IMG_0856-1-smaller.jpg

IMG_0859-1-smaller.jpg
IMG_1333-1-smaller.jpg

*This last photo (below) is of a 2018 Ford Mustang GT on display in the Borla Booth at SEMA 2017 with the Ford Performance by Borla System installed.
SEMA 2017_2406-smaller.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Best news I've heard all day. I've been patiently waiting for an official announcement from Borla! I was just about to pull the trigger on the Ford Performance cat-back for my new GT, but I'm glad I waited! I'll now be purchasing the S-Type cat-back! Any word on release date?

Dave_RTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Race Red Shelby GT350
Will the tips be sold separately @ any time or only w/ the systems?

I have the active exhaust and a resonator delete X-pipe. I would love bigger/better looking exhaust tips but the prices are insane!

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Black or carbon fiber axle-back for Active Exhaust....:headbang:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
CJPP has Borla install videos up.

Those are the Ford Performance versions. What's posted here are the Borla only branded (Touring, S-type, ATAK), which sound different.

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
Best news I've heard all day. I've been patiently waiting for an official announcement from Borla! I was just about to pull the trigger on the Ford Performance cat-back for my new GT, but I'm glad I waited! I'll now be purchasing the S-Type cat-back! Any word on release date?
Thank you so much for your interest in our exhaust systems! We should be releasing some active exhaust systems this month! I will post on this thread as soon as any Borla products for the 2018 Ford Mustang GT are released.

Will the tips be sold separately @ any time or only w/ the systems?

I have the active exhaust and a resonator delete X-pipe. I would love bigger/better looking exhaust tips but the prices are insane!
Thank you for the feedback! It's good to know that there is interest in the tips being sold separately. Unfortunately, we will not be offering the tips separately at this time, but I will pass this information onto my team for future consideration.

Black or carbon fiber axle-back for Active Exhaust....:headbang:
Thanks for the interest and feedback!

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make sure there is no confusion and confirm that yes, the systems in the videos that Grimace427 shared (post #5) are in fact 'Ford Performance by Borla' systems. (We make these systems for Ford Performance according to their specifications.)

I wanted to also confirm that we are going to offer 'Borla' systems in our 3 sound levels (Touring, S-Type, & ATAK®), and as BmacIL said in his post (post #6), these will sound different than the Ford Performance systems.

As soon as we have videos, photos, and/or more information available, I will post them on here!

Feel free to ask any questions and/or share your thoughts with us!

Thank you,

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I do have one question: Will the Borla cat-back systems come with an x-pipe, or the resonated midpipe that the Ford Performance systems have?

Thanks!

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Very excited to see Borla coming out with 2018 specific exhaust!!!

Also curious about if the system will be a true x-pipe instead of the resonator like the ford performance systems.

Sponsored

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
Subscribing!!! I need to upgrade my active exhaust system

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Definitely excited to see what the offerings and pricing looks like! Loved my ATAKs on my '14 and am trying to decide between those or the Coras Xtremes for the new '18.

Borla, I'm curious to see if through your testing and development if you were able to see if it is possible to connect the active exhaust system/controller to a car without the option from the factory?

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I do have one question: Will the Borla cat-back systems come with an x-pipe, or the resonated midpipe that the Ford Performance systems have?

Thanks!
I’m wondering that, too. From what I can tell, the Ford Performance by Borla systems for the 2018 Mustang sound far less raspy than their 2015-17 systems that feature X-pipes.

OP
OP
Lisa@Borla

Lisa@Borla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.borla.com
First Name
Lisa
Vehicle(s)
-
Thanks!
Very excited to see Borla coming out with 2018 specific exhaust!!!
Also curious about if the system will be a true x-pipe instead of the resonator like the ford performance systems.
I’m wondering that, too. From what I can tell, the Ford Performance by Borla systems for the 2018 Mustang sound far less raspy than their 2015-17 systems that feature X-pipes.

Great question!

The Borla S-Type & ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust Systems will have a True X-Pipe, not a resonator.

However, we will also be offering a Touring Front Resonator. This Touring Front Resonator will be sold separately and can be added to either the S-Type or the ATAK Cat-Back in place of the X-Pipe for those that want to attenuate the sound of their system further. We like to offer options because it gives you guys the ability to really pick a sound that's right for you and for what you are doing with your build!

Please let me know if you have any more questions!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.