Sponsored

Boostworks Twin turbo kit track results

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Well I finally got the car to the track and made some passes. Best pass of the night was 11.0 at 135mph on 7lbs of boost with a 2.0 60ft. I could not get the car to launch without pushing through the lights on the foot brake. I was happy with the mile an hour for only 7 psi. Obviously I have a lot of room for improvement in the 60ft. I did try to make one pass with 10psi but IAT went high and I backed out 3/4 track as I watched IAT go over 170. Viewing datalogs it shot up to 178 pretty quick, all other pids looked ok. Going to look into either installing the transbrake I already have(jms) or another product. Any recommendations? Once I get the intake temp issue resolved I can turn it up!!!
Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Jesus? Really? 178 iat at only 10 psi? That intercooler must be horrid. I thought my paxton was bad at 160 with 15 psi.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
135mph on 7 psi is moving!! But that IAT issue is nuts. Pretty sure you said you're on one of the "test kits" or something so your IAT sensor is in a different spot.

Which turbos do you have?

Last edited:

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
That’s not good...what fuel are you using? E85 will help lower iats, but you need a better I/c for sure! You should be able to run 15-20psi and still have decent iats with a good fmic. You could spray meth to help lower iats, but that would be just putting a bandaid on the I/c problem at this point.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Two things for you to check:
1. Make yourself a boost leak tester to ensure that your turbo's aren't working harder than they have to to make 10psi. For reference I'm around peak 138 IAT at 10psi on a 90 degree TX day.
2. I've noticed that if I sit in the staging lanes the whole engine bay heat soaks, and then all that heat is sucked in and iat go sky high.

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
These intercoolers are not very efficient. Same one LPF uses. I had to swap mine out for a custom Bell. 170 on E85 is not an issue but on 91 or 93 I would worry.

Trans Brake is not worth it on a stock converter.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These intercoolers are not very efficient. Same one LPF uses. I had to swap mine out for a custom Bell. 170 on E85 is not an issue but on 91 or 93 I would worry.

Trans Brake is not worth it on a stock converter.
Yes e85 can handle it but he is being robbed of power and effeciency at that IAT level

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
I am currently running e85 and was on that pass.

I agree meth injection is just a bandaid.

Waiting to see what Travis has up his sleeve to fix the issue. Would be nice to be able to run more than 7 psi.

I’ve held out on the converter but will upgrade it soon. When I do what is everyone at this level using for a transbrake with any success?

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am currently running e85 and was on that pass.

I agree meth injection is just a bandaid.

Waiting to see what Travis has up his sleeve to fix the issue. Would be nice to be able to run more than 7 psi.

I’ve held out on the converter but will upgrade it soon. When I do what is everyone at this level using for a transbrake with any success?
Meth is not a bandaid at all. It will put your IAT's usually almost ambiemt at whatever boost you're are running. Thats like saying a water to air is a bandaid.

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
If I didn’t already have a fmic either meth injection or a water to air intercooler would not be a bandaid but when you have a fmic that should be adequate to handle 20psi of boost as many other kits/ systems do on the same platform than adding meth injection or another form of charge air cooling would be a bandaid.

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Maybe doing a upper and lower grill delete may help the issue airflow is the problem, you might want to upgrade to the new 4.5 core. IAT2 should max out at 120 deg any more than that you are risking detonation and timing being pulled. 7 psi is a good base but you should be able to run 15 psi and make 850 rwhp without having problems. I don't know why people say meth lowers IAT2 temps I ran a 3 valve mustang with a 4.0L Whipple at 25 psi and my IAT2 would be 135 deg after a full hit and that is with the sensor in the lower intake manifold, I then sprayed meth at the throttle body with dual 15 nozzles and the temps didn't change more than 2 deg.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Meth is not a bandaid at all. It will put your IAT's usually almost ambiemt at whatever boost you're are running. Thats like saying a water to air is a bandaid.
Thats another misconception from people who dont understand how to use meth properly.

Same goes for the OMG youll blow up your engine with nitrous crowd...... :frusty:

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Meth is primarily used as an octane booster but to have even distribution to all cylinders a direct port system must be used. A mix of 80% meth and 20% water usually works well as water removes heat better than alcohol.

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Great MPH! I’d like to check out your setup one day...I’m not far from Lake Asbury. Very interested in a TT set up

OP
OP

Turbocrazed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
135mph on 7 psi is moving!! But that IAT issue is nuts. Pretty sure you said you're on one of the "test kits" or something so your IAT sensor is in a different spot.

Which turbos do you have?
I have one of the first kits and my iat is in the maf sensor about 6-8 inches from the throttle body.

I have the 62mm Comp oil less turbos.
Sponsored