wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
btw, i spoke with whipple yesterday. they said CARB blower kit is coming this year for gt350. anyone looking fwd to it?
abso-frickin-lutely!

I am going to do it either way, but readily admit I would rather keep it above board this time.

my old VR4 had every trick in the book underhood, and had to ā€œfindā€ a smog certificate every other year, usually to great expense.
Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
question: if you have a 91 tune, is there any benefit or problem running boostane on top? does that mess up the tune at all or does the 91 tune benefit in any way?
same boat here...my understanding is running boostane works great, but you need to do spark plug changes more often, totally worth it IMHO šŸ˜

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
question: if you have a 91 tune, is there any benefit or problem running boostane on top? does that mess up the tune at all or does the 91 tune benefit in any way?
Big benefit if the tune allows the computer to add timing based on octane/absence of knock sensor activity. The stock tune and most aftermarket tunes will have this feature. There will be increased octane and knock protection from the Boostane.
For example, if the regular 91/93 pump only ā€˜toleratesā€™ 17 degree of timing but the addition of Boostane allows the computer to command 19 degrees with detonation/knock, that can be an additional 20-40rwhp, not to mention torque throughout the powerband.
So you can see that may be very worth it for a track day of a tank of spirited driving.
Boosted cars love timing and you only get that through octane, so you can see why guys with easy pump E85 availability will want to go for it. Even poor pump E70 is more octane and detonation resistance (safety) than pump premium and Boostane.
-J

Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I run VP octanium booster. I used the leaded stuff until they made a lead free version. It works great.

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
Hey all I just got a 2018 GT350 (black on black) with a supercharger but had limited history.....but the obvious mods are;

- stage 2 P-1SC-1 procharger around 9psi estimated
- full Kooks headers and cat back with double x-pipe
- carbon drive shaft
- short shifter
- stock Procharger Tune??
- Racing clutch??
- not sure what else TBD

so I did the basics so far to get it ready for occasional road course track use......(once a month track)

- Installed Michelin Cup2 tires 305/30 fronts and 315/30 rears on stock 10.5 front and 11 rears
- changed oil to the 10w50 Total racing oil with one quart of the Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer (new internal metal oil filter)
- changed procharger oil
- installed new 6510 plugs at 0.28 gap as recommended by Palm beach dyno
- new K&N cone filter
- new fuel filter
- fresh Motul 660 brake fluid
- Installed polished stainless CNS Racing mufflers (for a smooth V8 no rasp/rattle sound)
- Sprintbooser to eliminate the bottom end lack of torque on procharger setup (works nice)
- cleaned up blocked oil separator piping and tank
- Lots of changed cosmetic work in progress (removed white stripes, front ppf, red painted calipers etc)

Pending work;

- Install Eibach lowering springs and front/rear sway bars
- Install steeda camber plates
- Align car with track/street specs - anyone recommend what specs to use?
- Baseline Dyno and Dyno tuning at Palm beach dyno
- I decided to hold off on the oil pump gears - I hear gen 1 gears were weak but gen 2/3 arent as bad?

What else guys do you recommend? any tips for road course usage?

As far as custom tuning I was thinking of this;

• Reduce rev limiter to 7900? 8000? for safety
  • Tune for max power
  • Tune for safety on road course
  • Tune to fix unstable idle when car is stopped
I got it dyno tuned today and it put down 630whp on 6psi....it's a procharger stage 2.....do you guys think that is expected considering I have kooks headers, race cats and full cat back exhaust?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I wouldnā€™t get stuck on chasing a number, Iā€™d focus on driveability and feel.

I got it dyno tuned today and it put down 630whp on 6psi....it's a procharger stage 2.....do you guys think that is expected considering I have kooks headers, race cats and full cat back exhaust?

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Seems low but then again youā€™re pushing only 6 psi. A lot of it is the tune and how hot the timing is set for your fuel setup.

for comparison, I make 803rwhp with 10ish psi. tuned for 93 + octane booster. If I remember correctly youā€™re going to get 30ish hp for every psi.

Sponsored

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
I still don't know exactly how much psi I am running ....it was dyno tuned but boost sensor on dyno wasn't working.....and don't know exactly the pulley size.....whats the best gauge that can tell me exact boost psi? I have 2 gauges in pillar but they only read obd parameters....I get a negative reading on boost....I guess I need a boost gauge with a mechanical boost sensor...

Also how do you measure the pulleys....since there is the procharger pulley and crank that work together? I bet I am running less than the 6psi they estimated

Last edited:

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
The car will be on the track road course once a month....I was told due to this it better to have less boost and power for both control/traction and overheating

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
ya know, now that the bourbon has worn off and I can think clearly...630 wheel on only 6psi is actually pretty dam good if you ask me.

thatā€™s easily over 200 flywheel increase...you are gonna give some hellcats terrible heartburn sir!

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
As another way to look at it - 6psi is about a 40% pressure increase over atmospheric. A 40% bump on 526hp is a little over 735hp. A 15% reduction on 735hp at the crank to estimate whp gives you around 625whp. Seems like you're in the right ballpark.