Sponsored

Boosted 350's come on in!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
My only consolation is that his wheels did cost almost as much as my blower LOL
6DEB8865-9A3F-45E0-AD1D-7F84ACF3DCC1.png
Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Its your calibration. I did my own and the power is very linear with the pedal, drivability is killer, not a on / off switch at all. I smoothed out the valve transitions and spent a ton of time making the speed density spot on and the torque tables just about perfect. pedal position and inferred and logged measured MAP via sensor are very linear from 45 kpa to 160+ following the pedal pretty well.

But I dont think its reasonable to get that necessarily with a remote tune.

Some Tuners also just think making a cal blow off the tires is what makes people think the car is fast.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Its your calibration. I did my own and the power is very linear with the pedal, drivability is killer, not a on / off switch at all. I smoothed out the valve transitions and spent a ton of time making the speed density spot on and the torque tables just about perfect. pedal position and inferred and logged measured MAP via sensor are very linear from 45 kpa to 160+ following the pedal pretty well.

But I dont think its reasonable to get that necessarily with a remote tune.

Some Tuners also just think making a cal blow off the tires is what makes people think the car is fast.
Yeah , probably the best I am going to get with a canned tune .
It’s really no different from my other boosted cars(the turbo car is truly off and on ) . I am running a pretty small pulley / 16 psi so it comes into full boost/full load very quickly@ 3500 so I can’t imagine how much tuning could make a difference .
Are you saying your cars throttle response is the same as when you were NA ?
It might take a drive back to back with a NA car for you to appreciate the change in the cars character.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
It actually feels like I have more throttle resolution, because the range is so much wider with the extra power. Another things many tuners do is make the transition into boost pronounced so they can guarantee the pedal position has you into PE when load goes high. It takes time to drive in every gear rolling into the throttle to make sure driver demand gets you into the torque levels that increase load say over 1.2 while PE is active so you dont break up, misfire, or worse.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What’s PE?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Power enrichment, in fords there is a 2d table with rpm and pedal position. There is also a secondary table with commanded lambda typically set to for example .78. Most cals I have seen on new Fords use base fueling table, until the pedal sets the threshold. Now fueling can richen for cat and exhaust protection also but that's different.

With FI you dont want to have your pedal inputs via the driver demand torque requests pushing your load requests up very high in positive boost unless its also going into PE mode. Stock calibrations are I believe EPA mandated to 90 percent pedal, most folks have it roll in sooner, and if they are smart they will sync it with the torque requests.

failure to do this can result in misfires, knock, both, or worse.

207TTGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Denny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt350 2020 GMC 2500 AT4 Duramax
I have a mid mount twin turbo set up built by batten motor sports. 1008whp at 12psi. I usually run about 10psi. Great running set up boost comes on hard over 4500-5k rpm. Normal drivability below that. The ole voodoo exhaust screams with boost. Plus all the sweet turbo noises. I also have cf drive shaft, boost Leash, mecloud clutch and billet opg.

Sponsored

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
So what are people seeing for RWHP with the Whipple 3.0L kits? I have a guy claiming on 890 to the wheels with just the Whipple kit.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So what are people seeing for RWHP with the Whipple 3.0L kits? I have a guy claiming on 890 to the wheels with just the Whipple kit.
seems doable. got to be upwards of 12psi i'd think on dual BAP, 1000cc inj, and corn. this set up has one guy on a procharger D1SC at 894 rwhp.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
seems doable. got to be upwards of 12psi i'd think on dual BAP, 1000cc inj, and corn. this set up has one guy on a procharger D1SC at 894 rwhp.

He clearly said just the blower. Stock injectors and stock pump. Only the blower and a tune.