Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Question. With the air cleaners right off the front of the turbo’s under the car, no concerns getting caught in the rain? Moisture intrusion.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Question. With the air cleaners right off the front of the turbo’s under the car, no concerns getting caught in the rain? Moisture intrusion.
all my lower mount TT friends do NOT drive in the rain

Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I figured that’s what would come back in a response. As nice as the installs are I’d never be comfortable with that.
i have spoken with Hellion, hellhorse, aldos, along with owners of mid mount kits and all have said it's not a problem unless you're driving in flood waters. rain isn't an issue. quite a few guys running Hellion kits on this forum and never say this is an issue.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

Airbusdriver57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
anyone with a boosted Gt350 can comment on the above?
Okay I'll give you my experience with running twin turbos on the track and oil temps. With the OEM oil cooler after two laps I was at 296. I have gone through three iterations of a oil cooler setups. I upgraded the OEM to setrab and added another set trab in the front grill. That made it four laps before over Temp. And then added the fp350s that I bought through setrab plus kept the other settrab in the wheel well. Still did not solve the problem because much of the big grill mounted cooler was blocked by the crash bar. I then went to a three cooler setup last week in Daytona. Two setrabs and an improved racing 245. That was horrible. Improved racing is going to come off, and I'm going to a 3 setrab setup. If That doesn't work I'm going to C+R coolers...

IMG_20211001_124649780_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

Gt350procharged

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350 proxharged
I was able to resolve the high oil temp issue completely on my GT350 procharged 6psi setup (doing road course track racing)......as you know there is a large intercooler in front of the radiator....the trick is to no longer add anything else blocking airflow to the radiator.....so I added a second large oil cooler chained into the small oem oil cooler but instead of it mounted vertical it is horizontal to the ground below the intercooler...this way radiator gets some kind of airflow same as before....I also cut the floor pan to give the cooler airflow......also I added a trackspec larger center hood vent........now instead of car hitting 280+ oil temps after 2 sessions.......I finish the entire track day and no more than 258F in hot florida track heat.....coolant never goes above 235F......I also added the front steeda bumper bar replacement to give more space......and flushed the coolant with only spring water and x2 bottles of Hyperlube coolant additive.... https://www.hyperlube.com/product/super-coolant/ ....and the lower temp thermostat

Last edited:

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
Man it would

Imagine what your car would do stripped and with a powerglide! That would be badass!

Badass run, brother. Awesome what the Fathouse Guys + MPR are getting these to do. Turbos are definitely the way to go on this motor. Love that idle from the locked out cams!
Kevin
Hers's exactly how it did with a little less weight and a TH400: