Sponsored

Boost Works 1200hp entry level twin turbo kit? Starting around $6k!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It will use a cut and welded 2015+ manifold. We will build them using our cores. We'll probably do a small charge with credit being given back when you return your stocker.
Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Travis; we need to talk; I might be interested in selling my whipple at this price point and going turbos, but TOTAL noob to turbo....

How would your turbo kit work on manual? I've been having hell of a time to launch my car with whipple. I'm wondering if a softer launch with a turbo would help.

When you mention offering 61mm turbos that are oil less; does that mean we don't have to tap the oil pan?

What is meant by "stockheaders"?

I have a built motor, ID1300, fore triple pump fuel system. Good at wrenching; at this price point if its a reliable kit, and as easy an install as the whipple was, I am very likely interested in selling the whipple and converting. I just want to make 1000 wheel and have yet to hit that with whipple sadly. Sitting right about 900 SAE now.

Please share your thoughts. The whipple has been great to me. Just want to make a little more power. 1000 SAE wheel has been my goal. If your kit can do it in the 6kish range; bolts right on without me having to find pipe welders and custom fabrication I'm very very interested.

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Travis; we need to talk; I might be interested in selling my whipple at this price point and going turbos, but TOTAL noob to turbo....

How would your turbo kit work on manual? I've been having hell of a time to launch my car with whipple. I'm wondering if a softer launch with a turbo would help.

When you mention offering 61mm turbos that are oil less; does that mean we don't have to tap the oil pan?

What is meant by "stockheaders"?

I have a built motor, ID1300, fore triple pump fuel system. Good at wrenching; at this price point if its a reliable kit, and as easy an install as the whipple was, I am very likely interested in selling the whipple and converting. I just want to make 1000 wheel and have yet to hit that with whipple sadly. Sitting right about 900 SAE now.

Please share your thoughts. The whipple has been great to me. Just want to make a little more power. 1000 SAE wheel has been my goal. If your kit can do it in the 6kish range; bolts right on without me having to find pipe welders and custom fabrication I'm very very interested.
Softer launch might help, it's really all just practice practice practice with manual cars. You can run a two step off the clutch to help with launch on a turbo setup.

You don't tap the oil pan in either case, the oil is pumped back up into the valve cover using a special oil filler cap(im 99% sure on this)

This kit would easily hit 1000 wheel+ I haven't put mine back on the dyno, but I did see over 1200rwhp at one point when i didn't have my boost controller setup right. I'm now starting to play back with that boost level again and checking tunes etc. I have ID1300's and triple pump setup. Granted I do have the tubular manifolds.

You might want to have your exhaust welded up and modified some. Most kits neck down to a 2.25" or what not instead of a true 3" exhaust all the way through. It won't make that big of a deal, but whats another $100-200 for someone local to make that connection.

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Agree, id get it. Im only concerned with 2 things, how are these turbos hold in rain? and were can i put my cat system so i can pass emissions?
And another question, can we get upgraded manifold instead of using our stock headers?

Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Agree, id get it. Im only concerned with 2 things, how are these turbos hold in rain? and were can i put my cat system so i can pass emissions?
And another question, can we get upgraded manifold instead of using our stock headers?
Turbo's are fine, they are tucked up real tight. Here in houston it rains A lot.

You can add in cats after the turbos if you want.

Yes Boost Works sales his tubular manifold setup for an added cost.

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
Turbo's are fine, they are tucked up real tight. Here in houston it rains A lot.

You can add in cats after the turbos if you want.

Yes Boost Works sales his tubular manifold setup for an added cost.
nice, i was talking to Travis, about doing A Kenne Bell on my mustang, and saving money for that. But now id def will shoot for this kit, also would help since im still on 3.73 and manual :)

So can the tuner turn the cats off, lets say that they are missing, but when i do emissions it will show they are present?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Softer launch might help, it's really all just practice practice practice with manual cars. You can run a two step off the clutch to help with launch on a turbo setup.

You don't tap the oil pan in either case, the oil is pumped back up into the valve cover using a special oil filler cap(im 99% sure on this)

This kit would easily hit 1000 wheel+ I haven't put mine back on the dyno, but I did see over 1200rwhp at one point when i didn't have my boost controller setup right. I'm now starting to play back with that boost level again and checking tunes etc. I have ID1300's and triple pump setup. Granted I do have the tubular manifolds.

You might want to have your exhaust welded up and modified some. Most kits neck down to a 2.25" or what not instead of a true 3" exhaust all the way through. It won't make that big of a deal, but whats another $100-200 for someone local to make that connection.
I have full 3 inch now. I also have long tubes but not sure how that all plays part of this

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well shit. I feel like I wouldn't be able to sell my Whipple for what I want now lol.
[MENTION=8079]rj67[/MENTION], you buy my Whipple so I can buy some twins :D

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
[quotedguy;1899572]I have full 3 inch now. I also have long tubes but not sure how that all plays part of this[/quote]

I think he was saying that a 3 inch exhaust would offer better performance and make the twin turbo kit more efficient. I would assume you would not be able to use your existing headers. the oil less turbos use water and grease for cooling so you do not need a oil supply so no tapping of oil pan. stockheaders means the stock header that come with the car. boostworks is going to cut and weld a stock header so a turbo can be mounted to it.

I think since you have the built motor and fuel system I would want there tubular or custom fabricated manifolds in case you go after more horsepower later. I would think your going to need around 20 lbs of boost
from the turbo to get to your goal of 1000rwhp. Most people say a auto tranny and turbo is the fastest combination because manual transmiision is harder to build boost off the line and loses more boost when shifting. If you like rowing the gears then im sure the manual is fine since you already have it in your car. I say go for it! Just make sure you get the best size turbo for your goals. buy once

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
nice, i was talking to Travis, about doing A Kenne Bell on my mustang, and saving money for that. But now id def will shoot for this kit, also would help since im still on 3.73 and manual :)
i have a kenne bell.

go turbos.

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
you modify the stock manifolds and we send back our core you remove the cat on the unit you send, correct? honestly I was planning going catless longtubes and a centri but for this price you can go wrong considering id be adding the extra goodies to the kit as is. im very very interested if this happens!

Bswor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 coupe, 06 saleen clone, 15 gt
Count me in. Which injectors we're used for dyno run?

Slow.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cedric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT ( Base )
Will this be a newly offered kit year round or will this be limited to only a few? Would've hopped on it now if i didn't buy bags and a new wheel set up :(

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Well shit. I feel like I wouldn't be able to sell my Whipple for what I want now lol.
@rj67 , you buy my Whipple so I can buy some twins :D
Haha.....what is the friends and family price???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.