Sponsored

Boost Works 1200hp entry level twin turbo kit? Starting around $6k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Maybe you missed who you were quoting....hes the guy that developed and built the TT set up in this thread....not to mention installs, tunes and drives them lol. I'll take his word over yours.
I know who Travis is. He made a blank statement and I didn't agree with him.

I wasn't there when he got pulled over the second time and was sent to court. There was no mention of the WG, but he was ordered to lower the db and have a shop verify it within 30 days of court order.
The point is that, if you do a WOT like that on street and there is a hospital near by, you'll get pulled over in Florida.
Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Maybe you missed who you were quoting....hes the guy that developed and built the TT set up in this thread....not to mention installs, tunes and drives them lol. I'll take his word over yours.
They don’t tune, they use LUND. JS

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
At WOT, when there is more charged air than the turbo can handle, the WG job is to release it, which in this case it releases it into atmosphere, right by the turbo and not into exhaust system, and it's very loud. How can you say it the loudness doesn't change. It's not true...

It sounds just like when the valves on the cutouts open so close to the motor before it travels through the exhaust and muffler system.
I hear them on drag strips all the time and they're nasty loud. :D
Incorrect. The Waste gate has nothing to do with compressor discharge air. It handles exhaust gas bypass around the turbine wheel to control shaft speed.

When the gate opens, the engine is at WOT and you've reached the correct turbine speed to make sufficient boost pressure to overcome the gate spring tension.

It does not get louder or softer. It is the same sound every time. And, since most turbocharged cars have good flowing exhaust systems, they are inherently loud when at WOT. So, opening the gate at WOT doesn't normally result in anything much louder.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They don’t tune, they use LUND. JS
Actually, we do tune cars.. We use AEM Infinity, HP Tuners, Haltech, etc.. Our record breaking 2300hp Coyote is tuned on AEM.

Does Lund help us with tuning as well? Absolutely. But it's not just them sending us files. We collaborate and provide insight as well as look at data with them.

Sponsored

PC 2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered 2019 ruby red pp1 A10 with whipple stage 2
Incorrect. The Waste gate has nothing to do with compressor discharge air. It handles exhaust gas bypass around the turbine wheel to control shaft speed.

When the gate opens, the engine is at WOT and you've reached the correct turbine speed to make sufficient boost pressure to overcome the gate spring tension.

It does not get louder or softer. It is the same sound every time. And, since most turbocharged cars have good flowing exhaust systems, they are inherently loud when at WOT. So, opening the gate at WOT doesn't normally result in anything much louder.
DAMN :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lol.. not trying to be a dick. Just making sure folks understand the difference. Any modified car is loud at WOT. Atmospheric gates really don't make a big difference.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Actually, we do tune cars.. We use AEM Infinity, HP Tuners, Haltech, etc.. Our record breaking 2300hp Coyote is tuned on AEM.

Does Lund help us with tuning as well? Absolutely. But it's not just them sending us files. We collaborate and provide insight as well as look at data with them.
At what point should infinity be used instead of the stock pcm?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Lol.. not trying to be a dick. Just making sure folks understand the difference. Any modified car is loud at WOT. Atmospheric gates really don't make a big difference.
Don't make a difference for what? You saying it's not worth venting and plumbing inline is better?

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
At what point should infinity be used instead of the stock pcm?
It's debatable.. but we figure around 1400whp or so. The best thing about AEM is that it employs a really bad ass traction control strategy. At those power levels, it really pays off with consistency and safety. Of course, being able to tune speed density and ditch the MAF is a huge plus as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Don't make a difference for what? You saying it's not worth venting and plumbing inline is better?
I'm saying that if you have a nice free flowing exhaust, a Waste gate open to atmosphere isn't that much louder at wide open throttle. So, recirculation really isn't going to make it much quieter.

Also, you get much better boost control by not recirculating.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
It's debatable.. but we figure around 1400whp or so. The best thing about AEM is that it employs a really bad ass traction control strategy. At those power levels, it really pays off with consistency and safety. Of course, being able to tune speed density and ditch the MAF is a huge plus as well.
that's around when I was thinking also but I had no experience pushing the pcm yet. Wanted to check

I'm saying that if you have a nice free flowing exhaust, a Waste gate open to atmosphere isn't that much louder at wide open throttle. So, recirculation really isn't going to make it much quieter.

Also, you get much better boost control by not recirculating.
Oh.

I agree, I never recirc wastegates.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Christmas came early this year someone got air filters.:lol:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.