Status
Not open for further replies.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Just curious what people are using to plug the recirc hole on the intake with when using this bov?
The boomba bov mounts in its place. It has side vents, instead of venting into the tube. It sounds remarkably like a truck releasing its air brakes.

Sponsored

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
I understand that. There is still a tube running to the intake that the stock bov recirculates into. That is what I am wondering about plugging.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I understand that. There is still a tube running to the intake that the stock bov recirculates into. That is what I am wondering about plugging.
You can get a 1" vacuum cap, a 1" chair leg cap, or anything like that that's similar.

Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
It's irrelevant. If you look at the valve, there's a smaller portion of the body that's necked down, that seals against the compressor side of the intake tube and blocks the venting hole that circulates air back into the filter side of the intake tube. There's no need for a cap, there's no leaks etc. That way you can run the BOV but restore it to factory function if you ever were to choose so as you have not cut or modified the intake tubes.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Anyone have any new feedback to report?
Been running the Boomba (bare aluminum color) for several months now. Valve has functioned flawlessly and maintained the continuous venting feature during low load conditions. Response seems a more crisp and consistent on throttle than the stock DV did. Also before the tune it definitely seemed to build boost a bit earlier (hard to tell now though as the tune alters the engine function so much) which made daily driving more enjoyable and of course increases your power band a bit as it's holding that boost longer and earlier, it is noticeable, subtle, but noticeable.

I'm now running the following powertrain mods with it:

1. LMS 91 Octane Stage 3 v7 PCM software (going to try their 93 once the Mishimoto Radiator goes in this weekend)
2. Levels Gen 3 20x14x3.5 in FMIC
3. Boomba Racing ECU controlled BOV with Outerwears Pre-Filter for added protection during continuous venting
4. Brisk RR14YS plugs
5. Green Filter drop in panel filter in stock air box (BIG MOUTH ram air duct going in also this weekend to complement)
6. LMS 160F Thermostat

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Been running it 3 Weeks:
91 Octane gas - (Stupid California!)
Cobb FMIC, Cobb CAI, Cobb Turboback 3" Exhaust
Running Modded Cobb Accessport Stage 3 OTS Map (Contacted Cobb about issues and they sent a modified map)
Response is excellent! No problems at all! Enjoying the VTA....
Alls well so far!

Sponsored

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
Anyone have any new feedback to report?
I have also been running the BOV for several weeks. I am on a stock tune with drop in AEM filter and AirAid Intake Tube.

I have had no issues with the BOV, nor any change up or down in MPG due to the addition of the BOV. I also added a TBS after about a week and did notice that in combination with the BOV that is pulls stronger on the low end, and also picked up about 1.5 MPG.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
How loud or noticeable is the venting during low load conditions?

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
It is a noticeable burst of pressure similar to a truck air brake but not near as loud between shifts with the windows down. It is noticeable but muted with the windows up.

Personally I don't find it objectionable, it's kind of a performance turbo car recognizable sound. Although if Boomba offers an upgrade path if they release a recirculating version I may opt for it to be stealthier.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
It is a noticeable burst of pressure similar to a truck air brake but not near as loud between shifts with the windows down. It is noticeable but muted with the windows up.

Personally I don't find it objectionable, it's kind of a performance turbo car recognizable sound. Although if Boomba offers an upgrade path if they release a recirculating version I may opt for it to be stealthier.
Sorry, I didn't mean between shifts, that would be normal full blow off. I meant the steady hiss during <1 psi boost, low load.

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I didn't mean between shifts, that would be normal full blow off. I meant the steady hiss during <1 psi boost, low load.
Yes, you did type low load, my bad! At least with my stock tune it does not do it too often, and when it does description is the same as my windows up/windows down description, albeit at bit more muted overall.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.