Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Installed my Boost Operated Blow Off Valve today. I took it out for a drive and it feels like it revs more freely and generally feels smoother.

Installation was easy and straightforward, no codes, so far so good! Thanks Boomba for a great product.

Tough to see after installation, but here's a couple of pics!
Thanks for the review and feedback!
Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I think it depends on where you live and their perception. There's a bunch of baby boomer's generation that liken my 2016 to the SVO of the 80's, so they know the past of the turbo stang. I haven't had anyone say it sounds like a honda, but honestly it's what you as the car owner care about (if you care about other people's opinions then maybe that would matter, otherwise you might care less).

I actually like the hissing, for me it's just part of owning a turbo charged vehicle. I suppose I woldn't be opposed to upgrading the valve in the future if I ever get sick of it, but with the windows up I can barely hear it.
I haven't had anyone say it sounds like a Honda, but all of the ones around the city are always revving and blowing off on people. I've gotten tons of those "what's wrong with that Mustang making weird noises" looks. I really don't care what anyone else thinks about my car as I bought and mod it to please myself, but it was just more of a generalized statement and a joke.

I've had turbo cars for ages, so perhaps some of the novelty has worn off for me. I love the spooling sounds of the turbo, and even like a proper BOV noise, but that hissing going up hill just got old after a while.

But more than anything, I like it being quieter in that aspect because of being stealthy. I'm not trying to run around showing everyone what I've got (not saying that anyone is), but when you're at a car meet and someone gets cocky because they think it's a V6, well, it's always fun to watch that smile turn upside down. :headbang:

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Well, it is not as noisy as my 08, but it will do :)

Woodshop77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
Don't get me wrong- the noises are all a part of the package! My only concern since I've jumped on the modding wagon are:
1. Am I doing whats best for my car to get the most power without killing it.
2. Can I avoid altercations with unwanted people due to noise.
3. How big can I go without replacing everything in the engine compartment!

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
I noticed a similar feeling, but I would say for me I felt like it would build boost earlier on, I think it's a great investment for the price. Again my only concern is contamination during the low boost / no boost continuous venting, which has nothing to do with Boomba, but is a normal PCM function. However their valve is not filtered so it's a bit of a concern. I have an outerwears cover on order and well see if that holds up to the hot air vented (it's rated for up to 450F).
Have you noticed any improvements in post shift boost recovery? Does it seem to open/close more quickly vs. stock?

Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Have you noticed any improvements in post shift boost recovery? Does it seem to open/close more quickly vs. stock?
It's hard to tell because I only drove it for a week with all the bolt ons before I flashed the PCM with the LMS software. I'm not sure if LMS is changing the BOV trip points as it's ECU controlled.

However I do recall the car just felt crisper in general, it was more responsive in every way, it was also consistent and pulled well in 3rd where it used to just fall flat on its face. But again, I can't has how much of an impact the BOV had by itself as I did the IC at the same time.

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
It's hard to tell because I only drove it for a week with all the bolt ons before I flashed the PCM with the LMS software. I'm not sure if LMS is changing the BOV trip points as it's ECU controlled.

However I do recall the car just felt crisper in general, it was more responsive in every way, it was also consistent and pulled well in 3rd where it used to just fall flat on its face. But again, I can't has how much of an impact the BOV had by itself as I did the IC at the same time.
I've had mine on for about a week now, but with no other mods until yesterday. I did notice that car does recover quicker than the stock BOV to the question that was asked.

I added a Steeda throttle Body Spacer yesterday, and I am aware of what some say about their effectiveness with a modern FI engine, but I have to tell you that on my drive to work this morning it definitely felt like it had better low end response and pulled much harder.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
I've had mine on for about a week now, but with no other mods until yesterday. I did notice that car does recover quicker than the stock BOV to the question that was asked.

I added a Steeda throttle Body Spacer yesterday, and I am aware of what some say about their effectiveness with a modern FI engine, but I have to tell you that on my drive to work this morning it definitely felt like it had better low end response and pulled much harder.
We sell dyno-proven throttle body and intake manifold spacers for the EB Stang.

http://www.boombaracing.com/mustang-ecoboost-intake-manifold-and-throttle-body-spacer-combo/

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Took the car down to DB Performance and had installed on my no tune car. Did 4 runs stock and 4 runs with new BOV installed. No change noted.

The Boomba BOV is definitely a more substantial piece than stock.

Only mods on my car are a CP-e intercooler and UPR catch can.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Took the car down to DB Performance and had installed on my no tune car. Did 4 runs stock and 4 runs with new BOV installed. No change noted.

The Boomba BOV is definitely a more substantial piece than stock.

Only mods on my car are a CP-e intercooler and UPR catch can.
Dyno runs?

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
We are looking into making a recirculating version of this piece so those that don't want the added noise won't have to worry!
Any chance if Boomba does manufacture a recirculating version that you would offer us early adaptor's a lower cost upgrade? :thumbsup:

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
Just curious what people are using to plug the recirc hole on the intake with when using this bov?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.