Boost Controller Solenoid location and type of vacuum lines suggestions

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am about to install my hellion sleeper kit with the boost leash and I am curious where everyone mounted their boost controller solenoids and what type of vacuum lines you used. I am leaning toward using PTFE 4AN lines for the lower gate hose for added security. I might run AN for everything but have not decided yet. I hear nylon pushlock is good too but I have heard a few people had heat related failures.
Sponsored

16TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium/Auto, Oxford/Redline
I am about to install my hellion sleeper kit with the boost leash and I am curious where everyone mounted their boost controller solenoids and what type of vacuum lines you used. I am leaning toward using PTFE 4AN lines for the lower gate hose for added security. I might run AN for everything but have not decided yet. I hear nylon pushlock is good too but I have heard a few people had heat related failures.
I mounted my solenoids on the driver's side shock tower. I wouldn't advise the nylon lines, I initially used those and they melted in the area where they go under the car to the wastegate. They weren't even that close to the exhaust manifolds but they melted completely shut during initial dyno tuning, luckily, because when they melted, the boost spiked and we shut it down. I switched to silicone lines and haven't had a problem.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Wondering what you ended up going with location & vacuum lines @kcc0521 . We are getting ready to start installing the Boost Leash/Pulse Leash controller and staring to order materials...

Bob

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I used regular vacuum lines. Made sure to wrap them with heat shield anywhere they could get hot. Been running that way for almost two years with not a single issue. Run up to 22 lbs of boost so far.

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
I have the selenoid with tape wrap to the brake pump. Hellion Street sleeper 2018.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
On a hellion sleeper kit I did with Eboost 2, there are two solenoids. I mounted them behind the fender liners on each side and used just regular silicone lines from the parts store with clamps. worked great.
Sponsored