Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost TY 6MT w/ PP
Literally just installed it, sounds phenomenal!
Awesome! Glad to hear you're happy with it! We'd love to see a video so others can see as well.

I keep oversleeping in the morning and not getting over to the shop to pick one up. I don't want to get up in the morning and go out in the cold.
Haha being -30 with the windchill, we can definitely understand that.
Sponsored

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
Loving my BOV adaptor, it's a very subtle sound:thumbsup:

Please get back to me via email re the bov plate we need made for our silicone charge pipe kit.

Thanks,
Mark-Ambient Thermal Management

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
It has one, it just recirclutates the air to the intake instead of venting to the atmosphere.
It was my understanding that they did this to reduce turbo lag.
Is there anything negative to this solution?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Loving my BOV adaptor, it's a very subtle sound:thumbsup:

Please get back to me via email re the bov plate we need made for our silicone charge pipe kit.

Thanks,
Mark-Ambient Thermal Management
Kamil is working on that and you should have mail soon!

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
It was my understanding that they did this to reduce turbo lag.
Is there anything negative to this solution?
I don't know why they did it on the Ecoboost engine, noise, emissions, not sure. On cars that use a MAF sensor (Ecoboost uses MAP) the air recirculates because the engine has already measured that air and if you vent it to the atmosphere the engine would run rich temporarily.

The negative side of this solution comes if the air is vented pre-intercooler. Now you are taking compressed heated air and introducing it back into the intake stream. I guess it probably doesn't heat the incoming air too much because when it's vented it will decompress and lose heat, but I imagine it probably still raises it over ambient somewhat.

Or I could be completely off and I'm sure someone will chime in that knows more than me. That's just my understanding.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I don't know why they did it on the Ecoboost engine, noise, emissions, not sure. On cars that use a MAF sensor (Ecoboost uses MAP) the air recirculates because the engine has already measured that air and if you vent it to the atmosphere the engine would run rich temporarily.

The negative side of this solution comes if the air is vented pre-intercooler. Now you are taking compressed heated air and introducing it back into the intake stream. I guess it probably doesn't heat the incoming air too much because when it's vented it will decompress and lose heat, but I imagine it probably still raises it over ambient somewhat.

Or I could be completely off and I'm sure someone will chime in that knows more than me. That's just my understanding.
Thanks. I'd love to add this but need to know if there's any potential negative impact.

Sponsored

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Would this void, or cause problems with the warranty if a problem arose?

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Would this void, or cause problems with the warranty if a problem arose?
Should you ever have an issue with your car, by law Ford has to prove that the aftermarket part you installed caused the problem. It also states they can't void your entire warranty either based on an aftermarket part.

Certain dealers can be more picky than others when it comes to aftermarket parts. Some dealers are fine with mods whereas other dealers will not accept any mods. We always tell the customer to ask the service advisor first for what’s acceptable at any given dealership and if you have any doubts to return the car to stock form before bringing it in to a dealer.

The fact that it should take 15 minutes to install/remove should be no real issue if you ever needed to bring the car back to the dealer and wanted to remove the part.

guitrflip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Likewise! :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.