Bolt on EB vs. cammed Camaro

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
It's RP, or Ricer Power, It is a unit of measure that varies from 1/2 to 1/3 of one hp.
Sponsored

KadenW23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White Ecoboost
I'm interested to see how this race goes, let me know when it goes down and ill drive out and watch for proof!!!

Sponsored

6bangerBOOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 1SS w/ NPP
Camaro guy here, and former V6 modder (until I upgraded:headbang:). You'll smoke him. One, our fastest FI V6 on Camaro5, GretchenGotGrowl, was running twin turbos and was still in the mid 500's in hp. So your coworker has his information wrong. Two, getting the MACE cams properly installed and tuned correctly was a nightmare for the LFX 3.6 engine. And when tuners started to finally get them figured out they were only making 30ish more hp. If he does have the MACE camshafts, then he'd probably beat you (but not a full-blown smoking). Ask him what brand of camshafts he went with. If he says anything other than MACE you've got him in a lie. So have fun with him. And remember that we had a "Ghost Cam" option from a now out of business tuning company that made your car sound and act cammed at idle if you activated cruise control. Hope that was helpful. Happy smack talking.

Edit: Forgot... you cannot have headers with a 2012-2015 LFX V6 Camaro. The headers are integrated into the cylinder heads. If you look under his hood, you'll only see a single exhaust pipe coming out of either side of the engine.

v8440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
This ought to be good. Go get him twisted up in his own dumbness, then laugh at him.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Camaro guy here, and former V6 modder (until I upgraded:headbang:). You'll smoke him. One, our fastest FI V6 on Camaro5, GretchenGotGrowl, was running twin turbos and was still in the mid 500's in hp. So your coworker has his information wrong. Two, getting the MACE cams properly installed and tuned correctly was a nightmare for the LFX 3.6 engine. And when tuners started to finally get them figured out they were only making 30ish more hp. If he does have the MACE camshafts, then he'd probably beat you (but not a full-blown smoking). Ask him what brand of camshafts he went with. If he says anything other than MACE you've got him in a lie. So have fun with him. And remember that we had a "Ghost Cam" option from a now out of business tuning company that made your car sound and act cammed at idle if you activated cruise control. Hope that was helpful. Happy smack talking.

Edit: Forgot... you cannot have headers with a 2012-2015 LFX V6 Camaro. The headers are integrated into the cylinder heads. If you look under his hood, you'll only see a single exhaust pipe coming out of either side of the engine.
Yeah, it's definitely a V8 car. I saw a pic of the engine bay at some point.

6bangerBOOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 1SS w/ NPP
Yeah, it's definitely a V8 car. I saw a pic of the engine bay at some point.
We'll if it has an RS badge on the back that usually means top trim V6. Unless of course he removed the SS emblems and replaced them with the RS. Not unheard of to debadge, but pretty rare to rebadge with a lower trim level (although also not unheard of).

Admittedly, Chevy made the trim levels a little confusing for the Gen 5 camaro. RS badge means RS V6, White SS badge means Non-RS V8, Red SS badge means RS V8. Ask him to show you the engine bay in person.