Sponsored

Bolt on EB vs. cammed Camaro

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
I work with a guy that drives a Camaro. I don't know all the details, but I know it's an RS. I'd guess it's a 2012-2013ish. He told me it has an intake, tune, headers, exhaust and a cam. Apparently he was talking with a buddy of mine about how he'd smoke me if we raced. He claims that he's pushing a little over 600hp. I could be wrong, but that sounds like complete bs to me. I'd imagine the car was 325ish hp stock and that he MIGHT be putting 400 to the wheels, if that. I could be totally off base, I don't know jack about Camaros. But, I'm curious how I'd do against him. My car has tune, MAP intake, and a Levels IC. I also have a Tune + WGA ready to go on one I get my new tune. I wouldn't expect to win, but I think it would be pretty close. What do you guys think? If his smack talk goes far enough we may just need to find a track and line them up.
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I work with a guy that drives a Camaro. I don't know all the details, but I know it's an RS. I'd guess it's a 2012-2013ish. He told me it has an intake, tune, headers, exhaust and a cam. Apparently he was talking with a buddy of mine about how he'd smoke me if we raced. He claims that he's pushing a little over 600hp. I could be wrong, but that sounds like complete bs to me. I'd imagine the car was 325ish hp stock and that he MIGHT be putting 400 to the wheels, if that. I could be totally off base, I don't know jack about Camaros. But, I'm curious how I'd do against him. My car has tune, MAP intake, and a Levels IC. I also have a Tune + WGA ready to go on one I get my new tune. I wouldn't expect to win, but I think it would be pretty close. What do you guys think? If his smack talk goes far enough we may just need to find a track and line them up.
Find a track and line them up.:thumbsup: I think off the line you may be pretty even. He would have a stronger top end than you though.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If it's an SS/RS your probably going to lose.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Yeah if it's just an RS you should be fine. But you can have an SS with the RS package. An SS with those mods is gonna pull hard.

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Hmmm. Yeah, I don't know. All I know us that it has a red RS emblem on the trunk. There isn't any SS badging anywhere.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I took on a 5gen SS on the Autobahn. We were pretty close to even until about 230kph. Walked him after that. If that's a V6 without some type of FI you will smoke him.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
be pretty silly to cam a v6, i imagine its not that cheap to do
Sounds like a young Camaro owner that's full of sh!t if its a V6? Four cams. No after market support. Etc..Etc..Etc...The 600HP number is even inflated for a V8 with those mods!

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
Take him out to northstar dragway in denton and find out. I will even video the race

Sponsored
OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Take him out to northstar dragway in denton and find out. I will even video the race
I've never even heard about that. Where in Denton is it?

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Nevermind, I found it. I need to check that place out.

S550SWEETRIDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
My Camaro has those mods. 600hp is a dream. My car is at 473whp and 437 wtq. These cars with those mods can run from 12s at say 115mph to 11s with up to 119 or GT350R territory. If he also has heads and modded intake manifold then that's like racing a GTR Nismo. Some guys on with heads and full bolt ons an cam are like say 10.6 @ 127mph in the quarter. But honestly there are also some guys with cams whose car has tons of running issues and is barely faster than a 2011 5.0 with intake and tune.

Last edited:

txferrari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Z06/7.
[ame]

Just replace the Mustang owner with the Camaro owner. His # claims are insane.
Sponsored