bolt on A6, no stall 60' times?

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
wow, this post has gone completely irrelevant... guys with blower 5.0s responding as well as n2o/turbo 4 cyl guys. NEITHER of those setups tells me ANYTHING about my situation. Props to yall, seriously ( i have been low 1.4s in previous cars, its a blast). but spraying off the line gives you way more power than i have off the line. I appreciate the time you took to respond though. Since you are in spring hill, maybe we can make a track outing some time, cant ever know to many people at the track!

stall should be coming soon. have also added RLCA bearings and viking shocks...
Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
wow, this post has gone completely irrelevant... guys with blower 5.0s responding as well as n2o/turbo 4 cyl guys. NEITHER of those setups tells me ANYTHING about my situation. Props to yall, seriously ( i have been low 1.4s in previous cars, its a blast). but spraying off the line gives you way more power than i have off the line. I appreciate the time you took to respond though. Since you are in spring hill, maybe we can make a track outing some time, cant ever know to many people at the track!

stall should be coming soon. have also added RLCA bearings and viking shocks...
Definitely man; which track do you typically attend? We make the drive South to BMP usually, and go to Showtime in Largo quite often.

We have a small group, maybe 80-100 people, on a FB group for local (Tampa Bay) Ecoboost and Ford performance owners. We usually get together and install mods at my house here in Spring Hill once a quarter; had like 15 cars here last month and a Ford GT :D

If you're looking to improve your 60' times, I can do my best to help get you setup man. We typically do BMR Drag Springs, BMR Vertical Links, and BMR Cradle Lockouts on the cars we build. Also have started coupling those with Viking Shocks on the most recent car we did (last weekend). And just saw where Kelly from BMR has some additional tricks up his sleeve for the IRS cradle.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I'm NOT BUYING THIS POST. sorry!
Well I know Midiablo , he races with me at showtime .. Fact I saw the car run the night it blew up .. I think he is the only 4 banger Mustang to get into our top ten list ..He has beat more than one S550 and a few roush blown cars ..One S550 he has not beat is mine lol ... As far as when he turns on the spray I have no clue , but the car does leave hard ..:)

Sponsored

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=22794]MiDiablo[/MENTION]..... Do you know a guy named Mark ward?
Why yes, I most certainly do. Good man. Been a friend of mine since his purple CRX days, lol. Actually sold him and his wife their home in Trinity.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So March 25th..... Come on out!
That's my daughter's birthday. Big plans that day. What's going on and where? I'm highly unlikely to be able to attend, yet, you never know!! Definitely won't have my car ready before then, unfortunately.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jasin you coming to the pony up race on the 15th at showtime ?
We'll be there, Lee!

It'll be Clifton's last race before leaving to CA. We leave the next day to drive him out to 29 Palms.

We'll also have the Yellow Ecoboost there. And Alexandra should be contending for a spot on the big list now that we've finished her car up.

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I know Midiablo , he races with me at showtime .. Fact I saw the car run the night it blew up .. I think he is the only 4 banger Mustang to get into our top ten list ..He has beat more than one S550 and a few roush blown cars ..One S550 he has not beat is mine lol ... As far as when he turns on the spray I have no clue , but the car does leave hard ..:)
Craziest thing is that it ran fine all night long at the damn track, lol. Blow it up on a solo pass on my way home trying to datalog like a ruhtard. Dammit. :lol:

Sponsored

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I won't be at Showtime due to it is always on a weeknight and I don't have enough prep time after work. I'll be at Bradenton for the next Street Heat to test a new race tune from Jon Lund. Once I get fast enough, I'll make my way down there for a shot at the list...

Mark mentioned he had a buddy with an Ecoboost that blew it's motor in Spring Hill.... I saw him at a New Year's party... My 2015 is black with gt350 wheels.... keep me posted when there are local events!

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
Definitely man; which track do you typically attend? We make the drive South to BMP usually, and go to Showtime in Largo quite often.

We have a small group, maybe 80-100 people, on a FB group for local (Tampa Bay) Ecoboost and Ford performance owners. We usually get together and install mods at my house here in Spring Hill once a quarter; had like 15 cars here last month and a Ford GT :D

If you're looking to improve your 60' times, I can do my best to help get you setup man. We typically do BMR Drag Springs, BMR Vertical Links, and BMR Cradle Lockouts on the cars we build. Also have started coupling those with Viking Shocks on the most recent car we did (last weekend). And just saw where Kelly from BMR has some additional tricks up his sleeve for the IRS cradle.
I usually go to gainesville or OSW as they are the closest. gainesville seems to only be open like once per month, which sucks since its the closest at 1.5hrs away. bradenton is like 2hrs 20min for me, but i do want to check it out some time.

I was supposed to go to the last mod get together (im on the FB s550 group) but went to OSW instead.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
:headbang:

The best I've personally seen them so far is in the high 1.5X range w/o nitrous.
And that was done by my tuner, on a pass that exploded his driveshaft in half.

The other guys who are in the 9's already (Brad @ BG Racing, Bill @ UPR) are both using nitrous and I believe are both on fully aftermarket IRS systems with 15" rear wheel/tire combos already. They're ahead of the curve, for sure, and pushing the envelope for guys like me to follow behind their foot steps down the road.
Incorrect Lund holds that record too lol. Perfweld cuts 1.4s on a no nitrous daily driven Vargas stage 2

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I usually go to gainesville or OSW as they are the closest. gainesville seems to only be open like once per month, which sucks since its the closest at 1.5hrs away. bradenton is like 2hrs 20min for me, but i do want to check it out some time.

I was supposed to go to the last mod get together (im on the FB s550 group) but went to OSW instead.
I've run 555s on a few cars and my suggestion would be to heat them to holy hell and air them down to about 12psi (they'll come back up to about 13-14 after the burn out). Lowering them low is the only way I got their stiffer sidewalk to flex a bit on the bite. I know a totally different car but there are foxbodies (godfrey) that will cut 1.4-1.5s and lift the wheels. So nittos can work if set up right.
Sponsored

Last edited: