Sponsored

Body shop said quarter panel is backordered, they want to repair...

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The Ford dealer doing the work on my car is unable to find the right quarter panel anywhere in the state, saying it would be at least until the beginning of June for them to get one in stock. He was optimistic about them being able to repair it by welding tabs to pull out the damage. I've called 4 different parts suppliers up north and left messages asking about the in stock status, white bear doesn't have any. The pic below shows the damage, mostly dented around the wheel flat area and has a gouge near to the door...I'm not sure if they would be able to get that looking factory new without masking damage with body filler.
IMG_6044.JPG

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Is this your shop of choice or the insurer? Just asking because if it is the insurer's they usually have a lifetime warranty for the work and will cover repairs down the line if it isn't sufficient. If it is yours, you'll have to be happy with it or pay for repairs yourself. June is a long time away though. Any chance there's a LKQ or anything near you to get a good condition one that way?

If you wanted a widebody...now would be the time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Pssst, tell your Body Shop to check here:
https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinderSearch/?displayStr=Ford,MUSTANG,FL,[2015 TO 2019]&from=/vehicleFinder/&searchStr={"MISC":["#MakeCode:FORD OR #MakeDesc:Ford","#LotModel:MUSTANG","#VehicleTypeCode:VEHTYPE_V","#LocState:\"FL\"","#LotYear:[2015 TO 2019]"],"sortByZip":false,"buyerEnteredZip":null}

If you and your insurance company agree, you can get a perfectly good used rear 1/4. It would get cut off the donor in the same ā€˜sectionā€™ as a brand new 1/4 would have to be sectioned. This image Iā€™m including below shows where the rear 1/4 panel sectioning occurs; see the diagonal hashed line at the B and C-Pillar and solid cut-through at the rocker. This occurs whether the panel is new or used in order to put the panel onto the body.

In this thread below, I had posted other rear 1/4 images for another member. As you can see in those images, the rear outer 1/4 panel gets spot welded and glued to the inner rear 1/4 wheel housing and body (the ā€œdotsā€ in the other linked images are reference to spot welds).
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/easily-dented-hips.120002/#post-2510087

Donā€™t fear used body panels, especially when the panel has to be sectioned.

Hope the above helps.
9CD0BF0A-F2D5-4B21-982E-8DF02DD32825.jpeg
Sponsored