Sponsored

BMR's SP089 Front / SP082 Rear "Minimal Drop" Springs: Now sold as a kit (SP763)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I currently have eibach sportlines and yes they make the car look amazing, but very bouncy and floaty at high speeds, not horrible handling, but not super confident either, I think I want the sp763 for badass handling without being super low,
*but what shocks/struts should I rock?*
2015 GT PP on sportlines with pp shocks, I have lockout and vertical links but haven't put em on yet and want badass handling, help meeeeeee
549EC1FF-90A3-434B-9C95-5B56C52145AF.jpeg
I have a 2017 GTPP and BMR 082/089 springs and there is no floatiness at high speeds. I do have the cradle lockouts and the rear aluminum billet mounts for the dampers.

Molly.jpg
Molly2.jpg
Sponsored

5ohs550Bryan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I have a 2017 GTPP and BMR 082/089 springs and there is no floatiness at high speeds. I do have the cradle lockouts and the rear aluminum billet mounts for the dampers.

Molly.jpg
Molly2.jpg
What size wheels and tires you run?

5ohs550Bryan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
They work great with the PP dampers. You could also upgrade to the Ford Performance Track dampers or the Steeda Fixed set
What would be the good, better, best?
I heard a lot of good from the FP and Steeda. But what would be 1st 2nd 3rd

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What would be the good, better, best?
I heard a lot of good from the FP and Steeda. But what would be 1st 2nd 3rd
I don't know if there's a "best". It depends on your application. For these springs both would work well.

I would suggest contact owners of each of those dampers and see what they've noticed about them. The FP track dampers are monotube and the Steedas are twin tube.

The FP ones are one of the few that are monotube and not really expensive. Bilstein is another.

Sponsored

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Here's a question of which I feel I know the answer, can these be used on magneride cars?

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang GT PP
I threw a set of these on my PP 15 GT with Koni Active dampers and its a solid street setup. I drive on Chicago/New York bad roads in my city and they manage the bumps, cracks, potholes and uneven pavement well. Perfect height for a year round daily driver.

Anyone here notice the rear bottoms out on the bump stops a lot even after trimming them the correct amount? I’m having this issue and once it got cold the OE bump stops became harder and basically rattle on washboard pavement (to the point of loosening the rear shock top nuts). Already took the rear shocks off again to trim the bump stops a little more and there’s only 2 finger widths of clearance between the top of the shock and the bump stop.

The 0.5 inch rear drop seems to have settled into a lower height than what I’ve seen from other owners.

To answer Kevin: I don’t think these are magnaride compatible. Only springs designated for magnaride are; it’s clearly stated in the product on offering AM.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I threw a set of these on my PP 15 GT with Koni Active dampers and its a solid street setup. I drive on Chicago/New York bad roads in my city and they manage the bumps, cracks, potholes and uneven pavement well. Perfect height for a year round daily driver.

Anyone here notice the rear bottoms out on the bump stops a lot even after trimming them the correct amount? I’m having this issue and once it got cold the OE bump stops became harder and basically rattle on washboard pavement (to the point of loosening the rear shock top nuts). Already took the rear shocks off again to trim the bump stops a little more and there’s only 2 finger widths of clearance between the top of the shock and the bump stop.

The 0.5 inch rear drop seems to have settled into a lower height than what I’ve seen from other owners.

To answer Kevin: I don’t think these are magnaride compatible. Only springs designated for magnaride are; it’s clearly stated in the product on offering AM.
Something seems off with the shocks.

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Something seems off with the shocks.
That’s what I thought so I had my dealer’s suspension tech look over everything, check the torque on the bolts, check the exhaust and other parts for rattle. It’s definitely the rear suspension, likely the shocks, but the shocks didn’t show signs of failure externally. There’s less than 2k miles on them and the first 1k miles everything was fine. Took a road trip after getting a proper alignment with indexing the bushings and it rode well. Only when it became colder and I put my winter wheels on did the rattle start to show up. The rears were starting to rattle lightly at first and then became worse. The strut mount top nuts loosened up so we tightened those which stopped the major rattle. Now it sounds like rubber balls bouncing so it makes me believe it’s the rear bump stops. I regret not getting the softer FP bump stops but I don’t know how much of a difference they would make.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I thought so I had my dealer’s suspension tech look over everything, check the torque on the bolts, check the exhaust and other parts for rattle. It’s definitely the rear suspension, likely the shocks, but the shocks didn’t show signs of failure externally. There’s less than 2k miles on them and the first 1k miles everything was fine. Took a road trip after getting a proper alignment with indexing the bushings and it rode well. Only when it became colder and I put my winter wheels on did the rattle start to show up. The rears were starting to rattle lightly at first and then became worse. The strut mount top nuts loosened up so we tightened those which stopped the major rattle. Now it sounds like rubber balls bouncing so it makes me believe it’s the rear bump stops. I regret not getting the softer FP bump stops but I don’t know how much of a difference they would make.
I am honestly thinking that you don't have enough damping, and that there might something wrong with the rear mounts you've got.

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I am honestly thinking that you don't have enough damping, and that there might something wrong with the rear mounts you've got.
You think these Konis aren’t up to snuff on the rear? I mean damn, I put minimum drop springs with spring rates near stock PP and these Konis can’t even keep up? I feel like they don’t have enough clearance to do their thing with this “adaptive” damping.

I felt the stock shocks were underdamped. I’d be extremely pissed if these Koni Actives can’t keep up. I bought them taking a chance cause they’re still new, but the few people who bought them said they worked well and improved the ride a bit. They definitely reduced pitch and and bobbing over bad roads.

My stock mounts seemed just fine during install and after everything was rechecked. I’ve read a lot about aftermarket mounts not really making much of a difference on street setups.

i daily drive this car year round and just wanted a conservative, “comfortable” setup that would reduce float and handle my roads better. I feel like I spent all this money and I’m left disappointed in some respects. The front end is totally fine, handling is better, float is gone, but damping in the rear is questionable.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.