Sponsored

BMR's SP089 Front / SP082 Rear "Minimal Drop" Springs: Now sold as a kit (SP763)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw that the Steeda mounts are $200. Can anyone give me a rundown on what the purpose is of changing those out, especially at that price? Would the Track Struts/Shocks with my Eibach springs be good without that mod? Really don't want to throw another 200 bucks if it's low impact, also not tracking the car ever,

Currently have CB005 and upgraded sway bars already too.
Yes you'd be fine w/o them. They do improve ride and take some of the bounce out of the car over things like highway expansion joints. That said, it is much less noticeable with a damper that is controlling the rear properly.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just saw that the Steeda mounts are $200. Can anyone give me a rundown on what the purpose is of changing those out, especially at that price? Would the Track Struts/Shocks with my Eibach springs be good without that mod? Really don't want to throw another 200 bucks if it's low impact, also not tracking the car ever,

Currently have CB005 and upgraded sway bars already too.
Personally if you want a mod with a greater impact on handling I would look possibly at Steeda lateral links which will correct your front end geometry from lowering. This my next mod. In theory it should make a significant difference to the steering feel as well as the overall grip and composure in the front part of the car. Reviews are very positive thus far.

Yes you'd be fine w/o them. They do improve ride and take some of the bounce out of the car over things like highway expansion joints. That said, it is much less noticeable with a damper that is controlling the rear properly.
Agreed. It's more of a want than a need.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Bummed, I set my appointment a month is advance to get sp763s installed at a local BMR dealer, well rated. Confirmed my appointment 1 week ahead of time.

Drove an hour arrived at shop first thing in morning and not only did they not have my springs but proceeded to lie their ass off and try to bait-switch me into something else. Contacted BMR about it, no response

Contacted another local dealer, wanted $800 labor to install. Hard pass.

Hopefully I'll find an honest dealer and give it another go.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Bummed, I set my appointment a month is advance to get sp763s installed at a local BMR dealer, well rated. Confirmed my appointment 1 week ahead of time.

Drove an hour arrived at shop first thing in morning and not only did they not have my springs but proceeded to lie their ass off and try to bait-switch me into something else. Contacted BMR about it, no response

@BMR Tech

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

Make sure they reindex the bushings.

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Got as much response here as I got contacting them directly. Thanks for trying but as this point I just feel like they try to bury concerns by not responding.

I may look to FRPP and Steeda among others.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Got as much response here as I got contacting them directly. Thanks for trying but as this point I just feel like they try to bury concerns by not responding.

I may look to FRPP and Steeda among others.
Hey, sorry for your troubles. Kelly (@BMR Tech) is an extremely busy guy. I assure that he is not meaning to be unavailable. The guy is all over the place. He's a machine. I don't know he does all the stuff he does honestly.

But rest assured he will get to you (probably shortly) and he is always willing to help. And he is a wealth of knowledge about the S550 and the suspension in particular. Although the other companies you mentioned are great companies too, I would advise some patience. When you talk to him you will most likely appreciate his help and the knowledge he has to offer (as I did). Again, sorry for the issues you're having.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, sorry for your troubles. Kelly (@BMR Tech) is an extremely busy guy. I assure that he is not meaning to be unavailable. The guy is all over the place. He's a machine. I don't know he does all the stuff he does honestly.

But rest assured he will get to you (probably shortly) and he is always willing to help. And he is a wealth of knowledge about the S550 and the suspension in particular. Although the other companies you mentioned are great companies too, I would advise some patience. When you talk to him you will most likely appreciate his help and the knowledge he has to offer (as I did). Again, sorry for the issues you're having.
Understood and thanks for the message but to be fair I messaged them directly both here and sent an email 3 weeks ago when it happened. I was giving them a grace period before posting any public comments given their generally excellent reputation.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just spoke with Kelly. Please give him a call. He is pretty sure they're out of stock on the SP763 at the moment, but it's worth a call. He can help get this sorted for you and an ETA for when they'll be available.

Furiosa GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I haven't been able to tell from pics but with this kit, before adding a supercharger, is the wheel gap even with same height tires front and rear? Reason I ask is my 2019 stock appears to have more wheel fender gap in the front vs the back to the tune of around a half inch. I have measured it from wheel centerline a couple times. One of the few things I don't like about this car.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been able to tell from pics but with this kit, before adding a supercharger, is the wheel gap even with same height tires front and rear? Reason I ask is my 2019 stock appears to have more wheel fender gap in the front vs the back to the tune of around a half inch. I have measured it from wheel centerline a couple times. One of the few things I don't like about this car.
Yes.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT

Just got this spring combo installed on my car, heres a video of it in action.
Sorry headphone users.
Correction this is the sp088 rear drag springs. not the sp082 performance springs.

Last edited:

5ohs550Bryan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I currently have eibach sportlines and yes they make the car look amazing, but very bouncy and floaty at high speeds, not horrible handling, but not super confident either, I think I want the sp763 for badass handling without being super low,
*but what shocks/struts should I rock?*
2015 GT PP on sportlines with pp shocks, I have lockout and vertical links but haven't put em on yet and want badass handling, help meeeeeee
549EC1FF-90A3-434B-9C95-5B56C52145AF.jpeg

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Try some SP083s if you're going BMR anyway. That will be badass handling with FP track dampers.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.