Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm stuck. Somehow this shit can never go smoothly for me. Had trouble on the drivers side front cradle bolt, getting it lined up without stripping it. Finally got it figured out so front and back bolts on the driver's side were good. Moved over to passenger side. Rear bolt lined up fine, but for the life of me I cannot get the front bolt to line up. I've pried, i've loosened all bolts, I've raised and lowered the cradle. At this point, I've pulled the rear bolts on both sides, but not the front bolt on the driver's side cause it took me forever to get it in.
I had to use a ratchet strap from one side to the other to allow me to finger tighten all the bolts before torquing them down.
Sponsored

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Sounds like my typical installs ... you've done everything I did but in the end I took a break for lunch and when I went back to it, it mysteriously went easy. Take a break.

Someone said releasing the parking brake helped although I can't see how but ya never know. Good luck man.

I've now got a creak so not even sure it was worth it to be honest.
Yeah I remembered that someone had posted about the brake and hoped that it might be it. Didn't seem to change anything.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm stuck. Somehow this shit can never go smoothly for me. Had trouble on the drivers side front cradle bolt, getting it lined up without stripping it. Finally got it figured out so front and back bolts on the driver's side were good. Moved over to passenger side. Rear bolt lined up fine, but for the life of me I cannot get the front bolt to line up. I've pried, i've loosened all bolts, I've raised and lowered the cradle. At this point, I've pulled the rear bolts on both sides, but not the front bolt on the driver's side cause it took me forever to get it in.
Take a breather. Sounds like somewhere along the line it cocked a little. I had a similar problem with DS front bolt. Get all the bolts in that you can a few threads. Look to see how far off and at what angle the cradle needs to move to get the last bolt in. Have someone pry it in that direction while you thread the bolt in. Always keep it supported with a jack (I actually used 2 jacks, one on each side of the cradle). I gives you a little more flexibility in movement. Stay patient, it'll go in.

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
I had to use a ratchet strap from one side to the other to allow me to finger tighten all the bolts before torquing them down.
Where did you place the strap?

Where are you guys prying? I've been able to move it a little, but still doesn't seem to be enough.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Check the video below ... at 4:14 he points to where the pry bar goes.

The ratchet straps didn't work for me as there's just too much stuff in the way to get it working.

[ame]

Sponsored

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, that's the spot.
IMG_1917.JPG

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Yeah I tried to pry on that spot a ton. I never could get it. Decided to take all the BMR parts off and put the stock parts back on for now, only to have the jack lower/fall with the cradle. Stupid mistake on my part. Took all of the bolts out at once. Now when jacking the cradle back up, none of the holes line-up. My brother is going to give me a hand tomorrow evening. Until then, I'm on jack stands and pooling with the wife.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Anywhere near the corner you're doing but I don't know if there's a rule or not.

Oh, @BMRTech ... you obviously need to update your instructions!

You've previously said you've done a ton of these and can do them quickly too ... c'mon pass on some tips on those instructions and be clear with them too (ie. don't refer to a "side" of the cradle and then not be clear if it's the front/back side or the left/right side).

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Where did you place the strap?

Where are you guys prying? I've been able to move it a little, but still doesn't seem to be enough.
Sorry, can't remember the specifics without looking at it. I know I had to shift it left/right and the strap went over some stuff that wasn't all that great. Sorry wish I would have taken a picture.

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Mine are getting installed today. I'm getting my local shop to do the work. I figured it made sense since I'll need an alignment done after the install. May as well get everything done at once.

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you guys putting the jack under to support the cradle?
I didn't take pictures during the install, but found the attached pic. Hack looking red circles are where I put the jacks. I used a small piece of wood in between jack and IRS frame.
2015-10-07_19-38-51.jpg

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
I didn't take pictures during the install, but found the attached pic. Hack looking red circles are where I put the jacks. I used a small piece of wood in between jack and IRS frame.
Thanks! That helped a lot

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
There is nothing wrong with our instructions.

We tend to leave them on the simple side, as many people have their own ways of performing a task.

I get told everyday that the instructions are easy to understand.

5. Start with one side and completely remove
the two main cradle bolts using a 21mm socket.

This could be the L, R or Front/Back. Whatever is easiest - and they can all be done. Personally I prefer to do the fronts, lightly threaded in, first...then the rears. The BMR mechanic (ASE, highly qualified) prefers to do them side to side, L or R.

I vary my ways by not removing wheels. Not using a jack. I back the car up on a ramp when I am using non BMR equipment. Works like a charm for me.

I will gladly give advice, but if I were to modify the instructions based on my method, I do not think it would turn out well for many people, compared to now how it works great for thousands of people. :cheers:

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.