BMR Wheel Hop Testing: Video Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Out of curiosity, can we get more info on this car?:)
I second that....is it supercharged??? Looking at a BMR handling package myself....
Sponsored

sstevens7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I have installed the BK054 and CB005 on my manual GT PP and there IS an increase in NVH. There is a lot of drive train noise transferred into the cabin now. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining. But it is not accurate to say there is no NVH now. To describe the sound is like saying the faster I go I can really hear the drive train spin up (drive shaft and diff) and it almost comes across as a faint whine that you would hear from a blower. Also, I do hear the inner workings of the diff now since installing the BK054. I installed the CB005 first and drove that by itself for a month or so and noticed little change in cabin noise. Yesterday installed the BK054 and that is when the added NVH really kicked in. I like the sound though and the stability it gives to the rear end in putting the power to the ground is crazy!!! The tires instantly stay planted to the ground and all wheel hop is gone. We shall see if it is also eliminated on the 1/4 mile track as well. I HIGHLY recommend the CB005 and BK054 together..... worse case scenario, if you don't like the added NVH then take it off and return it to stock and sell your parts to someone that will really enjoy them.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I installed these on my car today. RLCA Front Bushing Upgrade.

I also installed our new Delrin/Bearing Vertical Links.

Track testing tonight. ;)

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
damn man I just got my car aligned a couple weeks ago.

I will wait for these until you have a rear camber kit allowing me to lower the back of the car. That way Ill only have to pull the rear cradle out one more time.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
What's the difference between the regular derlin bushing vs the newer RLCA derlin bushing as far as NVH?

Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
What's the difference between the regular derlin bushing vs the newer RLCA derlin bushing as far as NVH?
RLCA upgrade is a metal bearing (not a derlin bushing) that replaces a regular RLCA rubber bushing as far as I know. Since it's not available for purchase yet no one except BMR knows about NVH changes.

high_glove_side

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 AGM 1LE
Semi related, but here's another interesting vid of how much movement goes on in the back of this car (apologies if this was already linked):

[ame]

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Semi related, but here's another interesting vid of how much movement goes on in the back of this car (apologies if this was already linked):

Holy flex batman!!!:eyebulge:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I love the slow-motion sound. It's like the car is saying "Why, why, why, why..." :)

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP

You just had to go and install both at the same time, now I'll never know if I want to do the bushings or not. Already planning on doing the vertical links.

Sponsored

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP

I know this is a BMR thread but for strictly track use and performance, Full Tilt Boogie Racing is the way to go. Period. Their stuff is the BEST in that arena. I love BMR and Steeda for the fact that I can use it on my daily driven car without losing my mind but for a track only car, FTBR is the way to go.

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Kelly, first of all I would like to thank you for all that important information.

I'm keen on learning more, just because I observed the wheel-hop during my test rides with the mustang gt even when I didn't know about the mustang's wheel-hop-issue. I only realized that this hopping didn't come from the shocks or springs itself and that it disturbed me a bit.

Now after learning that I was right on this point I'd like to know about the different ways of getting rid of that hopping WITHOUT spoiling the comfort of my ride. I got my bike for racing so the pony is meant for comfotable rides and cruising with my old girl (a bit more sporty with friends).

I've seen different versions of some of your products on your website (e.g. 3 different versions of the rear vertical links) so I'd like you to explain some more about the differences of these different versions.
Thank you.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting some vertical links as well soon and some toe rods, now they have a bearing kit too. Time to dip more into the piggy bank....

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Getting some vertical links as well soon and some toe rods, now they have a bearing kit too. Time to dip more into the piggy bank....
Don't forget that Full Tilt Boogie Racing has had the bearings for all IRS components for a while now. They also have the bearing puller kit available also, I know a guy if you want some price discounts ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There prices are outlandish, priced themselves right out of the market.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.