Sponsored

BMR what happened to sp084 handling springs?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
For some additional data, I'm at 26-13/16" fender to ground, and roughly 14" even fender to centerline of wheel. I'm on 18" wheels and 275/40 tires.
Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just measured from the of the wheel to the fender. I get 13 15/16. Here are some pictures. I got one of part of the spring compressed.
P1030556.jpg
P1030560.jpg
P1030562.jpg

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I see "working rate" has been added to the descriptions. I don't remember that being there when I ordered last year, and received the version 2 fronts. Not a big deal as I like my springs, just something that I noticed reading through the site shopping for my IRS parts.
Based on the below, I do NOT have version 2. I have version 1, sorry for the confusion. :headbonk:

For some additional data, I'm at 26-13/16" fender to ground, and roughly 14" even fender to centerline of wheel. I'm on 18" wheels and 275/40 tires.
I just measured from the of the wheel to the fender. I get 13 15/16. Here are some pictures. I got one of part of the spring compressed.
I didn't think the check the spring visually initially, but checked just now. Mine looks nothing like that compressed. I must have version 1. I'll retire from this thread, sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
This is what I was considering. Got the Steeda adjustables as a gift from the wife, was trying to figure out what springs to put on. Really interested what your thoughts are ☺
I'll give a mini review tomorrow or the next day. I have already done the back along with BMR diff bushing lockout, frpp toe link bearing and Steeda LCA bearings. I had planned on getting an alignment on Friday but I'm not so sure now. I can't say exactly where but I remember some saying the handling springs didn't settle much because they were so stiff. Now I'm hearing they settle quite a bit so should I wait a little longer for them to settle before the alignment?

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I didn't think the check the spring visually. Mine looks nothing like that compressed. I must have version 1. I'll retire from this thread, sorry for the misinformation.
I can't really tell from my picture if the middle of the spring is completely compressed or if there is still a tiny gap between them.

My main concern is that I'm getting the best performance possible. I don't want the suspension geometry to be messed up by too much of a drop. That's why I'm not sure if it should be so low. It's also imperative to have a good linear rate for the best steering response and consistency. Kelly says it's a linear working rate and I tend to believe him but I think the car could take a set a little quicker on turn in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'll take measurements of the Steeda strut (not sure if you wanted this or just the gt350) and from the center of the wheel to the fender. I hope I am more fortunate with less drop as even the 1.2" drop was on the outer limits of what I was looking for. I am excited to feel the results.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
[MENTION=7599]Ryan1112[/MENTION] that front height looks about where it should be. Seems to be pretty close to the look of most SP083 users. Niz gap looks less, by a good margin to me. I'm curious as to why his is like it is. Hmmm

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
[MENTION=7599]Ryan1112[/MENTION] that front height looks about where it should be. Seems to be pretty close to the look of most SP083 users. Niz gap looks less, by a good margin to me. I'm curious as to why his is like it is. Hmmm
Cool, thanks for looking at it and explaining all of this to us. I think I may just need some sway bars and maybe more negative camber for the car to have the turn in telepathy that I want. The gap that Niz has is a real mystery.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'll give a mini review tomorrow or the next day. I have already done the back along with BMR diff bushing lockout, frpp toe link bearing and Steeda LCA bearings. I had planned on getting an alignment on Friday but I'm not so sure now. I can't say exactly where but I remember some saying the handling springs didn't settle much because they were so stiff. Now I'm hearing they settle quite a bit so should I wait a little longer for them to settle before the alignment?
Get an alignment after 100 miles. You'll be fine.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Cool, thanks for looking at it and explaining all of this to us. I think I may just need some sway bars and maybe more negative camber for the car to have the turn in telepathy that I want. The gap that Niz has is a real mystery.
Get tires with hard sidewalls - vast difference in this car.

Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It didn't really take that long for mine to settle. Now that I think about it I did my first measurement immediately after I installed so I'm not the best example. I got an alignment a week after I installed mine and only maybe 50 miles. I double checked with toe plates after 100 miles and no change. Oh and tell them to give you -.10 total toe up front, .30 total rear, and 1.3 camber rear. I'll make the steering come alive.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this helps:
Stock non-PP center of wheel to lower fender:
  • Front: 15 5/16"
  • Rear: 15 1/16"

Attached shock pic of Steeda adjustable shock. 8 13/16" if I measured the same as you.
WP_20161213_09_20_27_Rich (3).jpg

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Steeda,350,pp

All of them have the same seat. Steeda and 350 have longer shaft.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this helps:
Stock non-PP center of wheel to lower fender:
  • Front: 15 5/16"
  • Rear: 15 1/16"

Attached shock pic of Steeda adjustable shock. 8 13/16" if I measured the same as you.
That'd be an approx lowering of 1 3/8" for Ryan, though he may have started a little lower or higher.

bluepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue S550
I do not recommend these springs at all. The drop is very very aggressive low around 1.6-1.7 and the rate is way too soft. No where near 300 maybe 180-200. They do not feel like linear springs at all. My vogtlands that are 220lbs are stiffer than the handling.

The car drives softer than factory pp gt. I am also running gt350 struts. Lol what a joke I tell you.
Niz, what happened eventually. I was planning to get the BMR Handling myself but then saw your thread :shrug:
Sponsored