Sponsored

BMR what happened to sp084 handling springs?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I have also been tossing up between these springs and Steeda Ultralites. I will be pairIng whatever spring I go with the ford racing track shocks and sway bars. I am concerned the ultralite spring rate is too soft for the track. The higher rate of the SP084 appealed to me but now after reading this thread, my concern is that the BMR springs are too low in the front. The other option is the GT350 springs in the front but the drop is a little less than I'd like.

How are you guys in this thread finding the SP084 after all this time?
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
How are you planning on driving the car? Be honest. Do you REALLY need a high rate spring? I've tracked Steeda Ultralite springs and driven maybe 15K miles on the street with them, too, and the spring rate is excellent for both applications, especially when you have the advantage of an adjustable sway bar you can further control body roll up front with. Currently running Steeda Dual Rate Comp springs. If you're an advancing HPDE or Auto-X person then pair these with Steeda's adjustable dampers and you're going to be very happy and they're totally streetable, despite the much higher rates.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
How are you planning on driving the car? Be honest. Do you REALLY need a high rate spring? I've tracked Steeda Ultralite springs and driven maybe 15K miles on the street with them, too, and the spring rate is excellent for both applications, especially when you have the advantage of an adjustable sway bar you can further control body roll up front with. Currently running Steeda Dual Rate Comp springs. If you're an advancing HPDE or Auto-X person then pair these with Steeda's adjustable dampers and you're going to be very happy and they're totally streetable, despite the much higher rates.
The car is my daily driver, but it will double as my track car and will be run on r-compounds that are close to the capability of Hoosiers. Do you still think the Ultralites are a good option factoring in the ford racing sway bar? The dual rates would be great but I already have the fixed rate ford racing dampers and I'm not buying others at this stage.

We don't have HDPE here but I have a lot of experience on the track most recently in a modified GT3 with 900/1100 springs.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Then hell I'd say do the Steeda Dual Rates and Steeda Adjustable shocks. I don't feel like the Dual Rates are a best match for the Ford Racing shocks but it could work fine, I have no experience there. Can PM SteedaTech and ask.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Yeah I did send them a PM but will have to follow up with them again. Last I read, they were slightly outside of the limits for fixed rate dampers. If I were keeping the car long term I'd just throw coilovers at it and call it a day!

Sponsored

bluepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue S550
Yeah I did send them a PM but will have to follow up with them again. Last I read, they were slightly outside of the limits for fixed rate dampers. If I were keeping the car long term I'd just throw coilovers at it and call it a day!
I was considering coilover as well but most of the kits seem to be progressive springs, which I do not like. I am still reading up and am leaning towards BMR Handling + Koni Sport Shocks and Struts. If there were a coilover kit that would do the job well I will be open for suggestions :)

I plan to use the car mostly on nice sunny days only on the street and Melbourne roads are nice enough for some stiffer springs I think. Apart from that will be the occasional track days and interstate trips.

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I was considering coilover as well but most of the kits seem to be progressive springs, which I do not like. I am still reading up and am leaning towards BMR Handling + Koni Sport Shocks and Struts. If there were a coilover kit that would do the job well I will be open for suggestions :)

I plan to use the car mostly on nice sunny days only on the street and Melbourne roads are nice enough for some stiffer springs I think. Apart from that will be the occasional track days and interstate trips.
Yeah I don't think those rates are stiff enough to bother on city streets, it's just the front ride height that's the issue. 1.2 inches is fine by me but any more than that is a no go!

Any feedback from those who have them fitted?

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I just measured from the of the wheel to the fender. I get 13 15/16. Here are some pictures. I got one of part of the spring compressed.
Looking at the coils in the middle for the revised BMR handling springs, I'd like to ask if you guys with this newer version have any coil bind noise on compression? I'm about to get these Handling springs but I would not like to have any coil binding noise. The BMR minimal drop fronts that I installed a year ago are absolutely quiet.
P1030562.jpg

Last edited:

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Looking at the coils in the middle for the revised BMR handling springs, I'd like to ask if you guys with this newer version have any coil bind noise on compression? I'm about to get these Handling springs but I would not like to have any coil binding noise. The BMR minimal drop fronts that I installed a year ago are absolutely quiet.
P1030562.jpg
Me! Haha I’m debating on getting new fronts under warranty or switching to the performance/ minimum ones. My only concern is the rears which don’t make any noise but just creak when I get out of the car. I don’t know if a 980lb spring rate in the back will make sense with a softer spring in the front. I’m overseas so shipping is expensive either way I’m gonna have to pay up.
Sponsored