Sponsored

BMR what happened to sp084 handling springs?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Why did you guys change out the design? The first generation looks totally different than the new one that I recently got on Black Friday. I had both and the new version is much softer than the first version. These springs drop the front of the car more than the Sportlines. Very disappointed on the drop and the softer rate. The front of my car is pretty much slammed. My Sportlines sat little higher than these.

First gen Rev A

2nd gen Rev B

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I do not recommend these springs at all. The drop is very very aggressive low around 1.6-1.7 and the rate is way too soft. No where near 300 maybe 180-200. They do not feel like linear springs at all. My vogtlands that are 220lbs are stiffer than the handling.

The car drives softer than factory pp gt. I am also running gt350 struts. Lol what a joke I tell you.

Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
It always blows my mind when people choose to whine on the forum instead of contacting the company.

It solves nothing and makes the problem worse.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Shoot me an email to [email protected]

Rev B was done likely right after you acquired your first set. The only reason for the change was due to free height and installed height requirements... Rev A was pushing he limits of minimum required free height.

I am doubtful the springs are as soft as you claim. I'm not sure how you test, but if you've got some data to send me please do to my email.

We have shipped a few hundred sets of these and only the first 45ish were Rev A.....just an FYI.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It always blows my mind when people choose to whine on the forum instead of contacting the company.

It solves nothing and makes the problem worse.
It shouldn't. I had many many setup on this car and from all the springs that i tried i really liked the feel of the front Handling springs when i had the original Rev A on my car and that is the only reason i went this route. But the ride and drop is totally different. Not just the 1 week wait i had to do while my car was on jack stands but the time and labor putting everything back together. But hey it is what it is.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Shoot me an email to [email protected]

Rev B was done likely right after you acquired your first set. The only reason for the change was due to free height and installed height requirements... Rev A was pushing he limits of minimum required free height.

I am doubtful the springs are as soft as you claim. I'm not sure how you test, but if you've got some data to send me please do to my email.

We have shipped a few hundred sets of these and only the first 45ish were Rev A.....just an FYI.
Kelly i am sorry if i came out little harsh and i am not trying to bash BMR at all. You guys make great products but the front springs are totally different than the Rev A. I went with the handling springs so i can raise up the car little more and also get ride of most of the bump steer i was having.

BTW, the first picture are the same exact spring i had on my car and sold it to another member here. I really like the firm and controlled ride/height of the original spring.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
So, is there a difference in rates, Kelly? I will be installing these tomorrow, weather permitting. I'm sure I will love them, just curious.

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So, is there a difference in rates, Kelly? I will be installing these tomorrow, weather permitting. I'm sure I will love them, just curious.
As he mentioned no difference in rate but the first gen was definatly firmer compare to the new one.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I've got a deal lined up for some of these from a local forum member as well. I can't afford to do this twice. More info would be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
As he mentioned no difference in rate but the first gen was definatly firmer compare to the new one.
How could there be no difference in rate but the first spring be firmer?

OP
OP
Niz55

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Kelly said the rate is the same but they are defiantly softer when comparing it to first version.

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have the handling fronts and the drag rears with GT350 struts. I will admit that I was expecting the car to understeer more than stock because the rears aren't as high as a rate than the handling but there is actually more oversteer now. I also thought that the front spring didn't look linear because in the middle the rings look closer together, but I have to admit I know nothing about how springs are wound. In the end I really like how it rides though. It dropped about 1.4 to 1.5 in the front instead of 1.2. I'm not sure that I care because it looks good and I don't notice any bumpsteer.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
Any chance you can post a pic of your car so we can see the drop?