rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
So...make a long story short, my TR005 heim joints are clunking again.

I've had RERS boots installed since the 1st clunking episode after about 500 miles after initial install. No issues since then @ about 2000 miles up until recently when they started clunking again. Other than some scoring on the ball surface, (nothing deep) the joint isn't loose. The ball wasn't rotating smooth (causing the clunking & as expected) so after I took everything apart yesterday, cleaned, lubed, and installed new boots...sad to say, the clunking is just as bad. Not sure if anyone running STEEDA's kit have this issue. :shrug:

Question I have is I'm thinking of getting new heim joints, either Teflon lined or greasable ones made by Rock Krawler, also anyone else with the same problem as me try these ideas out? I'm sure I can get new heim joints from BMR but I'd rather try something out that may be better or last a little longer. I dread the idea of going back to stock links. Any input would be appreciated. :cheers:
Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So...make a long story short, my TR005 heim joints are clunking again.

I've had RERS boots installed since the 1st clunking episode after about 500 miles after initial install. No issues since then @ about 2000 miles up until recently when they started clunking again. Other than some scoring on the ball surface, (nothing deep) the joint isn't loose. The ball wasn't rotating smooth (causing the clunking & as expected) so after I took everything apart yesterday, cleaned, lubed, and installed new boots...sad to say, the clunking is just as bad. Not sure if anyone running STEEDA's kit have this issue. :shrug:

Question I have is I'm thinking of getting new heim joints, either Teflon lined or greasable ones made by Rock Krawler, also anyone else with the same problem as me try these ideas out? I'm sure I can get new heim joints from BMR but I'd rather try something out that may be better or last a little longer. I dread the idea of going back to stock links. Any input would be appreciated. :cheers:
Have you tried reaching out to a BMR tech yet? They are super helpful and always take care of me whenever I have an issue! Goodluck!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
When I get a tight bearing that isnt rotating smoothly, I will typically clean and spray them with a high quality silicone spray. This typically will work loose any excessive contaminants and help fight some of the nvh that can also be caused by excessive moisture absorption.

If you want to shoot me an email: [email protected] I have a few other things I can offer to assist.

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
When I get a tight bearing that isnt rotating smoothly, I will typically clean and spray them with a high quality silicone spray. This typically will work loose any excessive contaminants and help fight some of the nvh that can also be caused by excessive moisture absorption.

If you want to shoot me an email: [email protected] I have a few other things I can offer to assist.
Hey Kelly...its been a good while since I spoke to you. :cheers: Haven't really been here last 9 months or so...been doing other things non-Mustang related.

Yep I did clean the joints up thoroughly, ball were rotating smooth and lubed all to hell, before I slipped them both into the new boots. Didn't clunk initially until we went on our road trip to San Diego on Saturday gradually getting worse. By the time we got back, both were clunking away @ every turn and occasionally, from a stop. I've had this come up before when they were fairly new but as you said, a good lube does the trick. I just added rubber boots for added protection from dirt. Both were not excessively dirty or dry when I took them out this last time but definitely the heim joints were binding nevertheless.

Not sure if I need new replacement joints, I'll email you when I get a chance.
Sponsored