Sponsored

BMR SWAY BARS w poly bushings installed and now CREAKING NOISES?!?!

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hey Guys,

Just installed the BMR front and rear sway bars w poly bushings and now have annoying creaking noises front and rear whenever going over bumps and turns, wtf?!?!
I also installed steeda delrin bushing vertical links, but I dont think that's my culprit.. I saturated bushings w proper lube on bushings before install and even lubes them up via zyrtec fitting. What gives???
Thanks, Anthony
Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
For sway bars, I've always wrapped the bar in Teflon pipe thread tape before installing the bushings. No creaking in any instances after doing that.

Did you notice if the bushings had any grooves on the surface that touches the bar? If they don't, grease won't help, as it'll all be squeezed out as soon as you tighten the brackets.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
For sway bars, I've always wrapped the bar in Teflon pipe thread tape before installing the bushings. No creaking in any instances after doing that.

Did you notice if the bushings had any grooves on the surface that touches the bar? If they don't, grease won't help, as it'll all be squeezed out as soon as you tighten the brackets.
Hi, thanks for reply!!! No grooves on bushings, and I lubed it up w BMRs synthetic grease as well. I bought from them. I also have. Clunk coming from front now when I turn wheel. I am really regretting installing these sway bars. I dont like the car sounding like a shitbox when going over speed bumps and such.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else?? Please need help!!!
Thanks in advance.
Anthony

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
By chance have you tried loosing the sway bar mounts and re-torquing it down? The lube is fairly universal for poly bushings and can be purchasing from most auto parts stores.

I only have the front Bmr sway bar in my 2019 car. Lubed with the supplied lube from bmr. I have not experienced any creaking yet. I’m only at 3k on the setup with the front sway bar installed though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
By chance have you tried loosing the sway bar mounts and re-torquing it down? The lube is fairly universal for poly bushings and can be purchasing from most auto parts stores.

I only have the front Bmr sway bar in my 2019 car. Lubed with the supplied lube from bmr. I have not experienced any creaking yet. I’m only at 3k on the setup with the front sway bar installed though.
Hey silver,

Thanks for reply!!! No, I have not. Bring to shop tomorrow gonna have them do it. I have the bars on car 6 weeks now. Was nice and quiet when installed, now sounds like crap. I only have 1000 miles on it and has become a racket, and when. U turn wheel to extreme right or left I get a clunk sound.. something seems loose.
The sway bar for front is a bitch to get to for lubrication.

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I installed the sway bar myself and used a long extension to reach the bolts. Fortunately it is not the tightest spot in the engine bay. Hope it works out for you

thompsje

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I put BMR sways on and have no clunking, but an occasional creak from the rear on low speed turns. If you have an actual clunk that sounds like something loose, check the end links. There's not much to actually bang around with the bar itself.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Make sure your mount bolts are not over torqued. If I recall they only need something like 40-50ft lbs. The Endlinks on the other hand, torque the hell out of them and add blue loctite. They are notorious for coming loose and causing noise on the front. Not sure if similar occurrences on the rear. Regardless, with swaybars there’s really only a few things it can be, mounts or Endlinks.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I put BMR sways on and have no clunking, but an occasional creak from the rear on low speed turns. If you have an actual clunk that sounds like something loose, check the end links. There's not much to actually bang around with the bar itself.
I brought to shop today, and I was in car on lift, my buddy underneath, as I was turning wheel he stated it was my STEEDA front K member brace that was loose. He tightened it up, but didnt put blue loctite.. when I took car off the lift, I didnt have the noise anymore on turns, only driving onto a driveway for dunkin donuts and it was that same clunk noise.. it sounds like its behind the dash.... I drive car home 30 miles and stang is still making the noise. I think I'm gonna rip the steeda brace off and see if noise goes away. Maybe something is wrong w it, or maybe still my sway bar. I'm exhausted w this crap already..

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Make sure your mount bolts are not over torqued. If I recall they only need something like 40-50ft lbs. The Endlinks on the other hand, torque the hell out of them and add blue loctite. They are notorious for coming loose and causing noise on the front. Not sure if similar occurrences on the rear. Regardless, with swaybars there’s really only a few things it can be, mounts or Endlinks.
Thanks for reply, see my reply.. I think it's the steeda front lower K member brace..making that noise. We tightened it up, but didnt put blue loctite on bolts and now have same damn noise again after 30 miles of driving.
My friend tightened every bolt on front end, everything was tight.. except steeda brace. I'm exhausted and dont know what else to do, noise is back..

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
What sway bar drop links are you using?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I brought to shop today, and I was in car on lift, my buddy underneath, as I was turning wheel he stated it was my STEEDA front K member brace that was loose. He tightened it up, but didnt put blue loctite.. when I took car off the lift, I didnt have the noise anymore on turns, only driving onto a driveway for dunkin donuts and it was that same clunk noise.. it sounds like its behind the dash.... I drive car home 30 miles and stang is still making the noise. I think I'm gonna rip the steeda brace off and see if noise goes away. Maybe something is wrong w it, or maybe still my sway bar. I'm exhausted w this crap already..
I swapped mine with BMR brace. It does not hang down and it's solid.good luck

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I swapped mine with BMR brace. It does not hang down and it's solid.good luck
Thanks for reply.. what's the BMR part number for that brace? Did you have rhe steeda brace before? Any issues?
Thanks Anthony
Sponsored