Sponsored

BMR sway bar review.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I fitted the BMR sway bars to my car a few weeks ago and thought it best to drive the car in a variety of situations before making any comment.
All I can say is WOW!

Months ago, prior to fitting these, I took the car through a particularly tight and twisty section of road, exploring the fundamental handling and balance of the car. Understeer was a definite theme on the road and much more obvious once I took the car to the track.

So, with sway bars fitted and set to full firm on the rear and middle on the front (to reduce understeer) Iwent and attacked the same section of road.
Understeer seems to be gone. The best I could manage was a subtle four wheel drift. Perfect.
Even up to the limits of the tyres (four wheel drift) I couldn't detect any hint of body roll whatsoever.

Between the sway bars, cradle lock out kit and Vogtland springs, this thing now feels like a go kart.
So, if that's what your chasing, this is definitely high on the "to do" list.

Steering feel is also improved and I'd say the steeering is ever so slightly heavier as a result of the caster now now having more effect (not being absorbed through the factory sways as much)

The only negative is that it has firmed up the ride a little, which doesn't bother me in the least. I prefer to feel more connected to the road anyway, but if you're not willing to sacrifice ANY comfort whatsoever, this isn't for you.

5 stars BMR. You've done it again. :hail:
Sponsored

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Thanks for the info Burkey :thumbsup: sounds like the kind of setup I prefer also.

I have the Vogtland Springs, will be doing the BMR cradle lockout and vertical links.

Looking like sway bars will be the go as well :)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info Burkey :thumbsup: sounds like the kind of setup I prefer also.

I have the Vogtland Springs, will be doing the BMR cradle lockout and vertical links.

Looking like sway bars will be the go as well :)
I reckon so.
In fact, I'd go as far as to say that at least 90% of what's wrong with the handling in these cars is fixed with springs, sways, cradle lockout.
I've got other bits on order but at this point, I really think I'm throwing stupid money at fixing the tiniest of issues.
Coilovers would most likely be better than springs on the factory shocks, but I can easily live with it as is. The shocks aren't what's holding the car back, put it that way.

Mustwait GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 6M TY
Where did you get the BMR bars from Burkey??

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the BMR bars from Burkey??
I got ultra lucky. Jegs had them on eBay, $610 landed here in Aus. Couldn't afford not to buy them. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got ultra lucky. Jegs had them on eBay, $610 landed here in Aus. Couldn't afford not to buy them. :thumbsup:
Damn you got an awesome price on the bars!

I'm looking at suspension bits now and I'm pretty much going to go down nearly the exact same path so it's good to see I'm on the right track with reading your feedback. Going to go with Vogtland Springs, stock shocks, possibly whiteline sway bars depending on price and the BMR lockout kit. Also got the Steeda LCA bearing and the Ford Racing knuckle to toe arm bearing on it's way.
Nearly bought the FRPP Track pack but can't get it as quickly as I'd like.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Damn you got an awesome price on the bars!

I'm looking at suspension bits now and I'm pretty much going to go down nearly the exact same path so it's good to see I'm on the right track with reading your feedback. Going to go with Vogtland Springs, stock shocks, possibly whiteline sway bars depending on price and the BMR lockout kit. Also got the Steeda LCA bearing and the Ford Racing knuckle to toe arm bearing on it's way.
Nearly bought the FRPP Track pack but can't get it as quickly as I'd like.
Ed, you're gonna LOVE IT!
Yeah, the price I got was just ridiculous. Almost as if they stuffed up.
$100 of the price was the shipping from memory.
I'd have bought sways through Fred Solazzo but the price on these was insane, couldn't look past it. :D

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So I assume a hefty portion of that was shipping?

...I have a friend that flys down under a lot. :)

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So I assume a hefty portion of that was shipping?

...I have a friend that flys down under a lot. :)
You may end up with a lot of friends from down under if you're not careful ;)

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have a fantastic vendor in your neck of the woods ... may be valuable to work with them if you are considering any parts - they can stock-up if there is demand.

Mustang Motorsports

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a quotation on BMR cradle lockout, $415 delived in red , is this reasonable guys ??

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a quotation on BMR cradle lockout, $415 delived in red , is this reasonable guys ??
[MENTION=18155]Egghead[/MENTION] Nope. You can get it from Jegs, via EBay for $310 landed on your doorstep.
Just type "BMR CB005" should be the first listing.
Feel free to send me the other $100...

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=18155]Egghead[/MENTION] Nope. You can get it from Jegs, via EBay for $310 landed on your doorstep.
Just type "BMR CB005" should be the first listing.
Feel free to send me the other $100...
Your a legend!! VB , NEW or Peroni ?? Your choice

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase