Sponsored

BMR Suspension's Rear Upper Camber Arm designs, and our final choice for production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Well finally, we have picked the design we are going to manufacture and offer to the masses.

We have spent quite some time designing and testing various designs - to ensure we cover all the bases, and can claim that our component is the best available.

Proto1 features a solid Chrome Moly Adjuster, with a Chrome Moly Teflon Lined bearing, and a Billet Aluminum inner body. The inner mount features a Delrin bushing, and the outer mount features billet aluminum inserts that mount to the knuckle. All parts are extreme quality.

Adjustment with this piece is performed and secured by turning the center adjuster and tightening the jam nuts.

[ame]

Proto2 features a solid proprietary steel material that is .555" thick, with a Chrome Moly Teflon Lined bearing, and Billet Aluminum inner spacers. The inner mount features a Delrin bushing.

Adjustment with this design is performed by loosening the (5) strategically placed set screws, set wheel where it needs to be, then tighten the set screws. The adjustment is secured by the surface friction area and clamping force of the 5 set screws.

[ame]

Proto3 - is just badassery. This design features a solid 7075 Billet Aluminum Design with a Chrome Moly Teflon Lined bearing, and Billet Aluminum inner spacers. The inner mount features a Delrin bushing.

Adjustment with this design is performed by loosening the (4) strategically placed set screws, set wheel where it needs to be, then tighten the set screws. The adjustment is secured by the serrations/teeth that you see in the video.

[ame]

When weighing out the pros and cons, we have chosen Proto1.

The Proto1 design is the most cost effective for us, provides slightly easier adjustment method, and just looks amazing!

I would have loved to offer Proto3, but the consumer would just not pay what we would need for it.

All 3 designs are more rigid than a tubular design. These designs are practically deflection free (hence the reason for all the billet, and the reason for such thick steel plate and proprietary material)

All 3 designs also provide more Half Shaft Clearance than any other options available. I assume this may be very important in the long run. :cool:For those that are wondering why we are not showing the bushings on 2 and 3, it is because we like to make others work at offering good parts (instead of see our vid and a light bulb go off). Our bushing mount style on those are completely specific to us at BMR.Thanks for looking! I hope to start taking orders and shipping before the end of Q1 2016!

:headbang:
Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Awesome

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Easy adjustment on the alignment rack??

Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Even better.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
These look great! I agree proto1 look like the easiest to adjust.

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]I take it these will come with some way to lockout the stock adjustment?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Good news.

One, we have not experienced slip with the OEM system - surprisingly.

Two, we will be offering lock out washers that work on all aftermarket Upper Arms in the future. ;)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I definitely think you made the right choice with Proto1. Number 3 looks nice and beefy but the simplicity of adjustment on the #1 is much better for sure. Better for fine tuning :) not sure what advantages each had in strength but I guess it's' safe to assume it was negligible.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Kelly I need These :headbang::clap2::love::thumbsup::cheers:

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Kelly, Go ahead and make a proto3 for me and I will throughly test it out for you on Code_Blu!!!!

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Gee, I'd be willing to take either one of the two you didn't select off your hands...:hail::D
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.