Sponsored

BMR Suspension's New S550 Rear Upper SHOCK MOUNTS: SM760 - Design Finalized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Well, I’ve modified these already and I’m on stock size rubber with 25mm spacers, keeping camber under 2 degrees, so clearance shouldn’t be an issue until I go to a bigger tire and wheel setup. Nothing ever goes together like legos, but what would be the fun in that?
Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I asked 2 weeks ago for input from bmr. Asked to swap plates or send the shorter arms. Offered to buy them outright too... no response.

I'll be back into the rear around Christmas time. Planning to pull them off to inspect the rail panel then. Sucks to consider this happening. Really considering the j&m mounts now

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Once I have mine all together I think I’m going to take a few measurements and see how far inboard the mounting holes can be moved, then down the line I’ll probably just weld up the holes and re drill them.

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Damn! I just bought a set of these and am not sure if I should use them now.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

S550Whipple15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Another failure reported today. Don’t have information on the setup at this time.

S550Whipple15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes ripped out he bolts just like mine and the others. Waiting on pictures and more information.

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Well damn, that's worrisome. Def. let us know his setup and all when you get the info, going to have to make some decisions. Fortunately I still have both new OE mounts and Steeda mounts with low miles. The way the OE mounts are knurled around the back side of the mounting holes, and how it actually bites and leaves an imprint on the steel, makes me thing this extra little bit of load transfer assurance might be a necessary design feature.

The Vorshlag mounts look good, but they're 300 damn dollars!

What's the most common failure mode of the OE mounts? I know people change them to get rid of the "PP bounce" or whatever, but when they break do they usually just pop the washer out the top or does the casting break?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the OE is a sacrificial mount. It blows the rubber out and not intended to be fixed, just replaced. The PP bounce has nothing to do with the mount. It's the lousy damping.

Sponsored

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
the OE is a sacrificial mount. It blows the rubber out and not intended to be fixed, just replaced. The PP bounce has nothing to do with the mount. It's the lousy damping.
Would there be any difference between the OE mounts and the ones that come with the FRPP track shocks? I think I still have both.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would there be any difference between the OE mounts and the ones that come with the FRPP track shocks? I think I still have both.
No. Same part.

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Well crap that sucks to hear. Let us know if the guy was running stops properly.

Bmacil you said you run these mounts and I think your shock/spring combo is pretty stout with multiple HPDE correct? Have you pulled the plates to inspect?

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
That mount is spot welded to the inner wheel house. Have to buy the whole panel. Less than 100 bucks though. Looks like it could be sectioned. Ima pull the trunk liner and see if the backside of it is accessible.

Wondering if reinforcement plates are an end all for this at this point. Just gotta figure out how so the load is transferred to structure that can handle it and not create a new failure point.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That mount is spot welded to the inner wheel house. Have to buy the whole panel. Less than 100 bucks though. Looks like it could be sectioned. Ima pull the trunk liner and see if the backside of it is accessible.

Wondering if reinforcement plates are an end all for this at this point. Just gotta figure out how so the load is transferred to structure that can handle it and not create a new failure point.
You do what ridetech does for their coilover mount.

I'll be pulling mine off in the near future to do some work, but they are solid.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.