Sponsored

BMR Suspension's New S550 Rear Upper SHOCK MOUNTS: SM760 - Design Finalized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Received mine today and there are no washers included at all. Sent email to BMR.
Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Received mine today and there are no washers included at all. Sent email to BMR.
Yikes. I got mine Saturday and realized they still have the small nut and huge washer combo. Shot Kelly an email Saturday and he replied first thing Monday saying he'd send me out the updated hardware. I'm guessing they're slammed busy though because the tracking number came up Wednesday but still hasn't shipped. Everything's just sitting on the bench waiting to go on - downtime always bites regardless.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same for me with the smaller jam nut and big washer. Kelly emailed me last week that he would be sending out the correct hardware.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I am also waiting for my BMR Upper Shock Mounts for a while and sure hope they are coming with the updated hardware.
Sure can not install without the proper washer and nut hardware.I just sent Kelly a email and requested the updated hardware with my order.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I was surprised mine shipped with old stuff, since that revision post was a while ago, but hopefully all the waiting will be worth it.

Sponsored

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Couldn't wait for the spherical joint boots to show up after my first order was lost in shipping. Put in the mounts today. Unbelievable results. The car rides significantly better. It also is more controlled. Also cured a clunk I had which apparently came from how the stock mounts were installed by the local shop. One thing I noticed, though; the lower mounts still bind and preload the shocks. When I put in the driver's side, I installed the lower bolts loosely before putting in the upper mount bolts. On the passenger side, I tightened the upper bolts before starting the lowers. I couldn't get the lowers in. They didn't align. I can't imagine this set-up being any more supple, but a spherical bearing at the bottom might improve it even more.
Also, my set shipped with the thin lock nuts. You need thick nuts with the Ford shocks. $2 later I had two new M10x1.5 nuts and washers.

Couldn't be happier with this choice.

r3GwXlswDz0UHbWRQLzWGzpQKdasv_jn3kNJil6pA1Lurp9hPhaChD0Jf3j-8YQtj-rikyyrcxixG1NSYIk=w489-h873-no.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Couldn't wait for the spherical joint boots to show up after my first order was lost in shipping. Put in the mounts today. Unbelievable results. The car rides significantly better. It also is more controlled. Also cured a clunk I had which apparently came from how the stock mounts were installed by the local shop. One thing I noticed, though; the lower mounts still bind and preload the shocks. When I put in the driver's side, I installed the lower bolts loosely before putting in the upper mount bolts. On the passenger side, I tightened the upper bolts before starting the lowers. I couldn't get the lowers in. They didn't align. I can't imagine this set-up being any more supple, but a spherical bearing at the bottom might improve it even more.
Also, my set shipped with the thin lock nuts. You need thick nuts with the Ford shocks. $2 later I had two new M10x1.5 nuts and washers.

Couldn't be happier with this choice.

r3GwXlswDz0UHbWRQLzWGzpQKdasv_jn3kNJil6pA1Lurp9hPhaChD0Jf3j-8YQtj-rikyyrcxixG1NSYIk=w489-h873-no.jpg
Very nice. Yeah the ride improvement from getting the factory mount removed is significant. It delays the shock reaction and binds up the suspension.

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
There is one possible shortcoming of this design when used with Ford dampers. The thread engagement is minimally adequate. In fact, I believe I over-torqued the passenger side. Time will tell. If Kelly or someone else could shout out the bearing ID, I'd like to purchase a spare made out of steel. Something like this.

upload_2019-5-12_10-15-47.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There is one possible shortcoming of this design when used with Ford dampers. The thread engagement is minimally adequate. In fact, I believe I over-torqued the passenger side. Time will tell. If Kelly or someone else could shout out the bearing ID, I'd like to purchase a spare made out of steel. Something like this.

upload_2019-5-12_10-15-47.png
I guess I did not have that issue with the Ford Performance shocks. Plenty of engagement. Use the jamb nut to create the clamp load needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.