Sponsored

BMR Suspension's CB762 4-Piece IRS Subframe Brace System, Production has commenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Guys....in the instructions, at the end where you find the torque specs for the bolts, i see theres a 19mm bolt thats suppose to be torqued to 80lb/ft. Is that suppose to be the 13mm bolts instead? I see no mention of 19mm bolts. Read it over twice. But i must warn you im an idiot.
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Guys....in the instructions, at the end where you find the torque specs for the bolts, i see theres a 19mm bolt thats suppose to be torqued to 80lb/ft. Is that suppose to be the 13mm bolts instead? I see no mention of 19mm bolts. Read it over twice. But i must warn you im an idiot.
80 on the single 19s, the 15s are supposed to be 40.

FYI BMR, my kit was missing the thin silver washers. Which wasn't an issue as I have a small hardware collection. The drivers side front brace had poor spacing between the two front bolt holes. It was incredibly difficult to get the bolts in without cross threading. Then the passenger side front brace had issues with the bracing that goes under the cradle brace. Hammer and pry bar were needed.

Both rear braces fit perfectly. I would also consider doing away with washer that goes under the nylon locking nut. I would also source a different nut, one that has grooves and will bite into the metal, this will make torquing much easier. My last complaint is the hardware seems undersized. The 19mm and 15mm bolt heads fit a bit loose for my liking. I tried three different brands sockets. The nylon nuts fit my 18mm boxed end wrench fine.

The rear definitely feels my stable now. This was also installed with the CB010 kit, steeda cradle alignment kit and steeda mag ride springs. Everything worked together perfectly. From what I can tell, the wheel hop is gone.

Last edited:

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
FYI BMR, my kit was missing the thin silver washers. Which wasn't an issue as I have a small hardware collection. The drivers side front brace had poor spacing between the two front bolt holes. It was incredibly difficult to get the bolts in without cross threading. Then the passenger side front brace had issues with the bracing that goes under the cradle brace. Hammers and pry bars were needed.
WOW........
Production tolerance stackup ?

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
WOW........
Production tolerance stackup ?
Who knows. It wasn't huge issues and I've found that suspension pieces from various companies for different vehicles have fitment issues.

Small variations on the cars assembly line and maybe the after market parts tolerance could be off by a mm it two. Some of these issues are to be expected honestly

Last edited:

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Who knows. It's wasn't huge issues and I've found that suspension pieces from various companies for different vehicles have fitment issues.

Small variations on the cars assembly line and maybe the after market parts tolerance could be off by a mm it two. Some of these issues are to be expected honestly
Yeah but,
“Hammer and Pry Bar”
Maybe to a laymen that’s ok but to a seasoned chassis / suspension shop that’s unacceptable.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Yeah but,
“Hammers and Pry Bars”
Maybe to a laymen that’s ok but to a seasoned chassis / suspension shop that’s unacceptable.
One hammer and one pry bar

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Did anyones else have to lower their exhaust a little to get to the sway bar bolt?...i have a full kooks exhaust and whiteline sways and, for me at least, theres very little space.

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey guys, was looking into getting the CB762. I currently have the SP080,CB005,BK051. Mine is a DD and some spirited driving. Is it worth it for me to purchase this kit?

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Did anyones else have to lower their exhaust a little to get to the sway bar bolt?...i have a full kooks exhaust and whiteline sways and, for me at least, theres very little space.
It was a little cramped with stock exhaust. Nothing crazy

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Just had time to install the rear brace. Forgot about a dentist appointment. Anyways, Get This Kit!!....im not playing. I have adj steeda pro actions, progressive springs, differnetial bushing inserts, steeda lca bearing, and whiteline sways. I FELT a difference in myhandling. Its like weird. The car smoooothly coasts into any spot on the road. BMR .....changing the game.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Finally got the CB005 and CB762 installation finished tonight. Got the exhaust back from the coating shop so once that's installed tomorrow night I can finally take it out for a spin and (hopefully) feel the difference in handling and launch. It's a precision fit so you'll have to pry things to get all of the holes aligned. Definitely recommend an air tool for the 4 carrier bolts!

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Got the front sections in today also. Won’t feel it for awhile as I’m changing out my drivetrain and still waiting on parts. Here is a few pics and I already had the CB005 installed. Rears will go in tomorrow.

6143470D-9E5A-49B4-B804-A654F1FD8CC3.jpeg
BE58A803-A202-4C39-8CE1-C5FF8570AAF8.jpeg
9ABF0733-2930-4A30-BBA7-BA3FE6FF1EBD.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.