Sponsored

BMR Suspension's CB762 4-Piece IRS Subframe Brace System, Production has commenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
While I am not refuting your conclusion, I don't think going by purely "felt the same" is enough of a test to determine if these 2 pieces together have no additional benefits. There is a lot of things going on in a chassis/suspension that we the drivers won't necessarily feel but can be either detrimental or beneficial. I am a big proponent of stiff chassis, low deflection or flex and allowing the actual parts that are designed to move do all the moving, i.e. shocks/struts & springs.

IMO anything that adds to the rigidity of the chassis and fixed suspension components is a plus, as long as NVH is kept at bay.
I already have the CB005/Steeda alignement pins installed and have a CB762&TCA048 waiting for install.
Agreed by felt the same I should have been more specific The chassis didn't get any stiffer, no wheel hop when I removed and my track times were the same before and after. I don't autocross so can't speak to lateral movement except from a canyon carving experience on the street. Since you brought up NVH I'll through in my 2 cents in on bmr end links. They will make your ride harsh so just something else to keep in mind while buttoning up the rear.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Bringing this back up. I read most of the pages but didn’t see an answer about the convertibles.

So, what’s the consensus on shoring up my convertibles rear end? What parts fit and what don’t?

What will make the biggest difference?

I have Steeda jacking rails only right now.

I have to do something to take the rear end though!!

thanks!

ARDrummond25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2017 Audi Q7 Premium
Okay I read all 15 pages of this and I have questions for @BMR Tech (or anyone who’s an expert).

1) is the suggested RLCA bearing part number BK081 (to partner with 762 and 005)?
2) would you still recommend installing the rear camber lockout (WAK761) or is that kind of an unrelated waste in combo with the above
3) does it seem practical to ditch the steeda jacking rails since I’m adding weight and the bmr parts provide convenient jacking points?

Context is a road course focused GT350. Home track is Laguna Seca.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Bringing this back up. I read most of the pages but didn’t see an answer about the convertibles.

So, what’s the consensus on shoring up my convertibles rear end? What parts fit and what don’t?

What will make the biggest difference?

I have Steeda jacking rails only right now.

I have to do something to take the rear end though!!

thanks!
For the convertibles due to the additional factory bracing here are the parts that most got with .

Springs of your choice SP763 or SPD763 minimum drop seem to be very popular.

CB010
TCA048
BK081
VIK-B258 for a street car
VIK-B358AM for more of a drag car

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Okay I read all 15 pages of this and I have questions for @BMR Tech (or anyone who’s an expert).

1) is the suggested RLCA bearing part number BK081 (to partner with 762 and 005)?
2) would you still recommend installing the rear camber lockout (WAK761) or is that kind of an unrelated waste in combo with the above
3) does it seem practical to ditch the steeda jacking rails since I’m adding weight and the bmr parts provide convenient jacking points?

Context is a road course focused GT350. Home track is Laguna Seca.

1. That is a great combo very popular and works well.
2. WAL761 is a great part for the price and eliminates the factory eccentric bolt slipping under hard use .
3. Those jacking rails may not work with our CB762, a lot of people use CB005 for jacking points so yes you could do that

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
CB762 work with the larger BMR jacking Rails? Or only low profile

jpadilla05.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Anyone else squeak after a wash or rain? Kinda annoying driving down the street n going squeak squeak squuueeek

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anyone else squeak after a wash or rain? Kinda annoying driving down the street n going squeak squeak squuueeek
Living in FL, I’ve had this stuff on a very long time through a ton of rain. Never once heard squeaking. I have CB5,762 & had Rails. Nothing.

jpadilla05.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Living in FL, I’ve had this stuff on a very long time through a ton of rain. Never once heard squeaking. I have CB5,762 & had Rails. Nothing.
Thats weird, mine after a wash or rain it'll squeak when I got over bumps, it'll take a look at it again

Sponsored

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mine are in and I like them. Haven't yet had time to really test, as I am sorting out some other things as well, but it certainly appears that the wheel hop is gone.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I've found that a combination of the 762 kit and poly subframe bushings gives the rear of the car a very direct and composed feeling. It seems to reduce understeer, but not at the expense of rear grip or stability.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I've found that a combination of the 762 kit and poly subframe bushings gives the rear of the car a very direct and composed feeling. It seems to reduce understeer, but not at the expense of rear grip or stability.
What is the part# for the subframe bushings? Seems to be a few options.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I thought about the CB005, which seems to have many rave reviews, but after reading more, especially in this thread, I'm wondering if maybe the CB762 is more suited for me.
I'm interested in cornering and stability during braking on the track (though at my novice level I've not yet experienced instability during braking). Very little interest in drag-type racing. What difference can I expect to feel with the CB762?

Also, does this work with Steeda's "Ultra Lite Low-Profile Chassis Jacking Rails"?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.