Sponsored

BMR Suspension's CB762 4-Piece IRS Subframe Brace System, Production has commenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just ordered the CB762 to go with my CB005 kit after reading through this. Also, got some shock mounts too!
Sponsored

jpadilla05.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Just installed the cb762 & cb005, took all my steeda parts off and man what a difference it made. Power is well planted now. My only concern is a weird noise I get while breaking at low speeds and only going forward. Sounds like a squeak/chirp. I'll try and get vidoe later but besides that awesome product!
20190705_130356.jpg
20190705_130401.jpg

Derek's GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My apologies for not going through all 14 pages. My question is.....what has BMR done to improve S550 Convertibles? I have a strut tower brace, and a K member brace. Will get Jack Rails in the future. Is there something else i can do to help this Vert handle road racing abilities? I am thinking SCCA solo event type competition. Thanks.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
After reading through this whole thread I am convinced this CB762 is what I will use tame the rear end on my car. My car is street performance oriented. I was planning on getting the Steeda Stop-The-Hop Starter Kit, but the CB762 is much cheaper and from impressions here, more effective. Adding the CB005 is going to more than double the cost of the upgrade. Is it really going to be that much better? Or are we talking 10% better? Has anyone done just the CB762 and then added the CB005? Impressions?
I also want to do the Steeda sub-frame alignment dowels. Can the regular dowels be machined down if I plan on adding the CB005 later on?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Got my car aligned with all sorts of new suspension goodies, Bilstein B6\HD, BMR Handling Springs, and the CB762 to compliment my CB005. Man, the rear is so planted now. Absolutely 0 hop from what I could tell. I think the CB762 and the CB005 are a huge key to really getting rid of that nasty wheel hop and the cradle moving without going to the extreme level with bushings.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
After reading through this whole thread I am convinced this CB762 is what I will use tame the rear end on my car. My car is street performance oriented. I was planning on getting the Steeda Stop-The-Hop Starter Kit, but the CB762 is much cheaper and from impressions here, more effective. Adding the CB005 is going to more than double the cost of the upgrade. Is it really going to be that much better? Or are we talking 10% better? Has anyone done just the CB762 and then added the CB005? Impressions?
I also want to do the Steeda sub-frame alignment dowels. Can the regular dowels be machined down if I plan on adding the CB005 later on?
On my 2016, I had the stop the hop. On my 2018, I went with CB762 and CB010. So I can't say anything about adding CB005 though I can say beyond a doubt that the rear end is waaaaay tamer. I can do one handed drifts no problem now. Getting on the throttle too hard in adverse conditions no longer causes a need to buy new underwear.

My biggest issue is still getting all the power down to the ground. First gear is somewhat useless and still fishes around with no traction control, 2nd will still chirp the tires if I get on the throttle really hard. I don't think any level of stiffening will solve this problem though.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
On my 2016, I had the stop the hop. On my 2018, I went with CB762 and CB010. So I can't say anything about adding CB005 though I can say beyond a doubt that the rear end is waaaaay tamer. I can do one handed drifts no problem now. Getting on the throttle too hard in adverse conditions no longer causes a need to buy new underwear.

My biggest issue is still getting all the power down to the ground. First gear is somewhat useless and still fishes around with no traction control, 2nd will still chirp the tires if I get on the throttle really hard. I don't think any level of stiffening will solve this problem though.
Mass Marketing says otherwise - but the BMR IRS components are, without debate, better IRS stabilization products.

The 762 and 010 combo is simply fantastic.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Mass Marketing says otherwise - but the BMR IRS components are, without debate, better IRS stabilization products.

The 762 and 010 combo is simply fantastic.
Is there any point in using the Steeda alignment kit Delrin dowels with this combo?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had the cb005 and then added the cb762. After a month or so I took off the front half of the cb762 and the car felt the same. So IMO the cb005 and the front of the cb762 are doing the same thing. No need to buy both

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I had the cb005 and then added the cb762. After a month or so I took off the front half of the cb762 and the car felt the same. So IMO the cb005 and the front of the cb762 are doing the same thing. No need to buy both
Thanks for your input. Much appreciated! :thumbsup:

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
While I am not refuting your conclusion, I don't think going by purely "felt the same" is enough of a test to determine if these 2 pieces together have no additional benefits. There is a lot of things going on in a chassis/suspension that we the drivers won't necessarily feel but can be either detrimental or beneficial. I am a big proponent of stiff chassis, low deflection or flex and allowing the actual parts that are designed to move do all the moving, i.e. shocks/struts & springs.

IMO anything that adds to the rigidity of the chassis and fixed suspension components is a plus, as long as NVH is kept at bay.
I already have the CB005/Steeda alignement pins installed and have a CB762&TCA048 waiting for install.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.