Sponsored

BMR Suspension's CB762 4-Piece IRS Subframe Brace System, Production has commenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
All new BMR CB762 kit installation for the ultimate IRS rigitity

Great video!

I have couple of questions:
  1. The OE stamped steel front support brace seems to be awfully close to the BMR front brace from what I have seen in the video and all other pictures I dug out. Do they touch at all? If not what would you say is the clearance?
  2. The rear BMR brace metal tab where it is mounting to the subframe with the OE sway bar bolts, does not seem to be completely flush with the subframe (I see some air in the video). It almost seems that the CB010 lower washer is making the whole thing a tiny bit too tall and the CB762 rear braces cannot sit flush.
Thanks!

SYKOTIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 whipple 5.0
got these from kelly at BMR along with the aluminum rear diff bushings and what a difference this made on the car. car feels so planted no more bunny hops when trying to put the power down.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Thanks everyone for your feedback! People are absolutely loving this CB762 kit!

@fpa1974

1: I've never seen them make contact. Typical clearance is anywhere from 0.125" to 0 200" - which all depends on compounding tolerances, BMR + OEM.

2: Although we did not intend to have any gap, we have seen a few installs that show them .

Since we have confirmed production accuracy on a few brackets that have shown this, my theory is that the bushing placement from the factory may play a role in this occurrence. Since the rear bar mounting pad is angled....if the factory bushing is slightly "off" in its vertical position in relation to our car we developed it on, it can cause a gap. For example, If the bushing is not pressed in as far into the subframe as our car, the angled plate has to be drawb into the mount...which can cause a small gap.

I have not seen a reason to be concerned thus far, as long as the proper torque specs are achieved. That plate is very thick and strong.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Any Misspelling brought to you by this super fancy LG G7 cell phone.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is on the fence as to whether to buy this or not - I highly recommend it.

I put this on yesterday and it feels so good. I drove on the 005, vertical links and lowering springs for a week and that was all good too but when coupled with the 762 and the RLCA bearings it makes the car feel rock solid.

No more floating feeling from the front end. No more wet noodle feeling from the ass end. The car plants and goes. I cannot wait to get it on the strip to see how much better my 60’ times are.

It feels so planted to the road now. Yes the ride is stiffer but I’m fine with that. Yes there is a liiiiitle bit more road noise but that too I’m cool with.

I only ripped on it twice since last night but both times it was impressive to feel how the car reacted to being braced up.
7EF046EA-9FC2-413A-A431-462E50DBE885.jpeg
63ABB8F8-B492-443B-8391-0FDE25ED01C5.jpeg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
@BMR Tech Sorry if this has been covered already as I didnt read all the pages.

As someone who already has poly diff bushings and CB005, would it be better to add the CB762 or upgrade the RLCA bearing?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
BMR, I have an out of the box question maybe you can answer. I have Steeda subframe brace, Steeda subframe bushing inserts, Steeda, alignment kit & Steeda vertical links. I am wondering if knowing the way the Steeda subframe brace mounts & how it works would there be an added benefit to add just the rear braces of the BMR 762 kit to what I have? The rear feels solid but every once in a while I still get what I will call inconsistencies in the rear when turning & still feeling the IRS want to move around. I also get a slight amount of hop still. As much as I would love to get the BMR 005 & 762 I just dont feel like pulling all the front side of the IRS apart again & starting over. Also if they would help lock the subframe down a little more would yall sell just the rear braces of the 762 & if so how much? Thanks for any help & input. The car is a 19 PP1

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
BMR, I have an out of the box question maybe you can answer. I have Steeda subframe brace, Steeda subframe bushing inserts, Steeda, alignment kit & Steeda vertical links. I am wondering if knowing the way the Steeda subframe brace mounts & how it works would there be an added benefit to add just the rear braces of the BMR 762 kit to what I have? The rear feels solid but every once in a while I still get what I will call inconsistencies in the rear when turning & still feeling the IRS want to move around. I also get a slight amount of hop still. As much as I would love to get the BMR 005 & 762 I just dont feel like pulling all the front side of the IRS apart again & starting over. Also if they would help lock the subframe down a little more would yall sell just the rear braces of the 762 & if so how much? Thanks for any help & input. The car is a 19 PP1
While I don't know the answer to your question, you may want consider some other IRS upgrades. The RLCA bearings might be worth a look.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The other part to consider in addition to what Bluemustang said is getting new tires. Once you put on a proper drag tire, the wheel hop concerns should be minimized (according to guys on here at least).

OU81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
The other part to consider in addition to what Bluemustang said is getting new tires. Once you put on a proper drag tire, the wheel hop concerns should be minimized (according to guys on here at least).
I will consider that although I have PS4's for dd use & 26" MT dr's for the strip. I dont have any issues on the dr's at the track & for the most part it is sticks to the road very well on the PS4's. Just looking for something to cure the little bit of wiggle & hop that I have left, which isn't much. I know the answer would probably be pull the Steeda parts off & go all BMR but after the time & money I am just not sure I want to clear the board & start over so to speak. I will look into the bearings like stated above also.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I will consider that although I have PS4's for dd use & 26" MT dr's for the strip. I dont have any issues on the dr's at the track & for the most part it is sticks to the road very well on the PS4's. Just looking for something to cure the little bit of wiggle & hop that I have left, which isn't much. I know the answer would probably be pull the Steeda parts off & go all BMR but after the time & money I am just not sure I want to clear the board & start over so to speak. I will look into the bearings like stated above also.
Well, there's other factors contributing to wheel hop besides tires and subframe movement. Now whether the full BMR solution is that much better than the Steeda parts, I do not know. Someone more technically oriented might be able to shed light on this. That said, RLCA bearings and securing the diff mounts might serve you well.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, there's other factors contributing to wheel hop besides tires and subframe movement. Now whether the full BMR solution is that much better than the Steeda parts, I do not know. Someone more technically oriented might be able to shed light on this. That said, RLCA bearings and securing the diff mounts might serve you well.
I echo your thoughts.

Of all my suspension stuff I’ve done the RLCA bearings and diff bushings were the two things that really put it over the top with how it feels on the road.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.