Sponsored

BMR Suspension's CB762 4-Piece IRS Subframe Brace System, Production has commenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
T
I thought about the CB005, which seems to have many rave reviews, but after reading more, especially in this thread, I'm wondering if maybe the CB762 is more suited for me.
I'm interested in cornering and stability during braking on the track (though at my novice level I've not yet experienced instability during braking). Very little interest in drag-type racing. What difference can I expect to feel with the CB762?

Also, does this work with Steeda's "Ultra Lite Low-Profile Chassis Jacking Rails"?
The CB762 when combined with the CB005 will completely lock(brace) the subframe from the front and rear which greatly reduces unwanted deflection in multiple directions and makes the rear end behave more like a solid rear axle compared to just the CB005. It can be a little harsh at times, but it goes along way to eliminating wheel hop. The CB005 by itself will firm up the rear and allows you to take a line giving you good feedback from the rear. The stock IRS allowed too much wiggle and deflection imo.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the 010 and 762 kits on with the jacking rails. Fits fine.

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
T

The CB762 when combined with the CB005 will completely lock(brace) the subframe from the front and rear which greatly reduces unwanted deflection in multiple directions and makes the rear end behave more like a solid rear axle compared to just the CB005. It can be a little harsh at times, but it goes along way to eliminating wheel hop. The CB005 by itself will firm up the rear and allows you to take a line giving you good feedback from the rear. The stock IRS allowed too much wiggle and deflection imo.
Thank you both.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I installed just the CB762. I have this cracking/screeching noise every time the rear bounces. I emailed BMR a few days ago and heard nothing. I checked all fasteners today, and its all tight. When letting the jack down, the noise started as the wheel touched the ground. Sounds like it is somewhere in the middle of the IRS, but it got too cold to fuk with it anymore. Anyway, it is annoying. I may be pulling this off cause I can’t have this going forward.
Anyone else having this noise. I have no other IRS mods. I do have the ford track Suspension package, but that should not have anything to do with it.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I installed just the CB762. I have this cracking/screeching noise every time the rear bounces. I emailed BMR a few days ago and heard nothing. I checked all fasteners today, and its all tight. When letting the jack down, the noise started as the wheel touched the ground. Sounds like it is somewhere in the middle of the IRS, but it got too cold to fuk with it anymore. Anyway, it is annoying. I may be pulling this off cause I can’t have this going forward.
Anyone else having this noise. I have no other IRS mods. I do have the ford track Suspension package, but that should not have anything to do with it.
That's strange. See if you can isolate where the noise is coming from, because it's not normal.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
That's strange. See if you can isolate where the noise is coming from, because it's not normal.
I am going to try again tomorrow.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
are your rear bar bushings greased? Are the ears level when car is on the ground? Did you use the alignment dowels? Did you install one side, tighten, then move to the other side? Or did you loosen all 4 corners and then progressively tighten going back and forth between Left and Right, Front/Back?

Skippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1 Super Charged
Hello
First time poster. I joined just to comment on this thread, because of you guys i ordered CB762, CB005 and TCA048. Hoping these will help with my 2.0s 60 foot times.
One question, I ordered them on the 14th i think. And still havnt received any emails other then my order confirmation. I called them on monday and they seemed very unorganized, couldnt tell me when my order shipped out even after putting me on hold for 15 mins and ended the call saying they would have the shipping department email me the tracking info. I still havnt received anything. Is this nornal for BMR?

Sponsored

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
? I always order from Lethal or Beefcake. Better price and let them run down issues like this.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Hello
First time poster. I joined just to comment on this thread, because of you guys i ordered CB762, CB005 and TCA048. Hoping these will help with my 2.0s 60 foot times.
One question, I ordered them on the 14th i think. And still havnt received any emails other then my order confirmation. I called them on monday and they seemed very unorganized, couldnt tell me when my order shipped out even after putting me on hold for 15 mins and ended the call saying they would have the shipping department email me the tracking info. I still havnt received anything. Is this nornal for BMR?
Hey Skippie,
I am on the look for those parts combined together or perhaps replacing the CB005 with CB010!
Please tell us more whenever you have them installed hopefully soon.
Cheers

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Hello
Still nothing?

Skippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1 Super Charged
Yes i received everything. Altho they wont admit it, they didnt ship my order. I called the monday (1st) and never received any info, i called back again on the 10th and was told my order shipped on the 2nd. My stuff arrived i think in the 12th. I havnt had a chance to install yet but hopefully soon. Ill definetly let you guys know how it goes

Todd
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.