Sponsored

BMR Suspension SP083 Handling Springs, REVISED and Better than Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
@BMR Tech, what bump stops do you recommend for SP083s and FP dampers?
You can run M-5570-B

Or

OE bump can be shortened. You can cut the OE bump stop so that overall height is 1-7/8”for the front and 2-3/8” for the rear.
Sponsored

axios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It isn't mentioned but FP dampers ( M-18000-F ) already come with orange bump stops. :thumbsup:
I just opened the FP box and you're right, they're in there.

You can run M-5570-B

Or

OE bump can be shortened. You can cut the OE bump stop so that overall height is 1-7/8”for the front and 2-3/8” for the rear.
Cool, that solves it!

Thanks y'all!

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
Anyone else have more drop than advertised? Just installed mine with the Ford track dampers and drove around a bit. I'm around 1 1/8 drop all around. Wondering where I will end up if they settle more. I'm planning to wait to clock the bushing and the alignment in case the springs settle. I am also under the impression clocking the bushing might lower it more also?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Anyone else have more drop than advertised? Just installed mine with the Ford track dampers and drove around a bit. I'm around 1 1/8 drop all around. Wondering where I will end up if they settle more. I'm planning to wait to clock the bushing and the alignment in case the springs settle. I am also under the impression clocking the bushing might lower it more also?
You'll want to clock the bushings sooner than later. The bushings also provide a slight spring effect, so you may see a tiny bit of additional drop when you do that. I can't tell you if there will be additional drop as the springs settle in, so hopefully someone can chime in on that.

Sponsored

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
It isn't mentioned but FP dampers ( M-18000-F ) already come with orange bump stops. :thumbsup:
mine came only for the rear shocks but didn't check if it was the same as M-5570-B kit! but i got the bump stops kit and used only for the struts.

can anyone confirm the assembled bump stops that came with the FP rear shocks is the same as the ones come with M-5570-B?

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Rather than continue to deal with multiple old cars, I just picked up a new 2021 GT base model that I'm planning to use for my one stop shop from winter beater, to 100 mile a day commuter (relatively smooth highway), to 15+ track day a year car.

Since it'll see year round use, i'm fairly set on these springs as a compromise of tolerable daily use and something that'll stay off the bump stops running square 200TW 305's at the track in combo with a sway bar upgrade.

I'm on the fence with shocks though, Bilsteins? Konis? FP? I'm attracted to the adjustable side of the konis, but like the monotube rebuildable design of the Bilsteins.

Looks like there's supporters of the Konis and FP shocks in reading the thread, but not seeing much on bilsteins?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like there's supporters of the Konis and FP shocks in reading the thread, but not seeing much on bilsteins
I would prefer the BIlstein over the FP Track. but would take the adjustable Koni over both simply because adjustable means I can tailor the response assuming I don't run out of adjuster first.
I'm not clear on how rebuildable the Bilsteins are. I don't feel like taking my new rears apart to find out. :)

if you're doing that many track days and running big fat tires, I would be inclined to suggest you go with Cortex' JRi, J&M's revalved Ohlins, or MCS and such ilk and be done with it. Unless the people who build the shim stacks are inculcated in the excessive high-speed compression damping philosophy, the car should run very nicely on streets assuming your spring rate isn't way too high. My definition of good suspension is plush, yet controlled.

I'm still working out what combo speaks to me.

batchest121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I went ahead and followed some of the guys here and bought fp track shocks/struts kit to pair with the sp083. Finally got around to begin the installation, but having issues with the spring not seating properly. So the lower spring seat is twisting and the top cap thing doesn't seem to be seating evenly all around.
Here are some pictures. What do you think? Maybe it's just needs to settle once installed in the car? I've tried compressing the spring again and readjusting the strut but no luck. Also the second spring and strut looks exactly the same.

Inkedphoto_2022-05-28_20-07-04_LI.jpg
photo_2022-05-28_19-51-36.jpg
photo_2022-05-28_20-07-01.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.