Sponsored

BMR Suspension SP083 Handling Springs, REVISED and Better than Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Saturday I ordered the new front springs to go with my existing (older) handling springs. I wasn’t aware of the rears being revised as well. Will this be an issue running the fronts with old rears?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Saturday I ordered the new front springs to go with my existing (older) handling springs. I wasn’t aware of the rears being revised as well. Will this be an issue running the fronts with old rears?
I'll let Kelly chime on, but I've been running the old rears and GT350R fronts (which are nearly identical in drop, a tad less, and rate) for a year. No issues with combination at all and I love the look and handling.

Tuxedomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Grabber Blue Premium PP
I'll let Kelly chime on, but I've been running the old rears and GT350R fronts (which are nearly identical in drop, a tad less, and rate) for a year. No issues with combination at all and I love the look and handling.
This is the exact setup I'm going for. I have the springs, just waiting on Bilstein to release their rear shocks to install.

And on that front... One of my best friends works at Bilstein on the OEM design side... these rears are coming from the aftermarket division, but he's going to look into what the delay is all about.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Running the original handling springs and I love the look. A touch stiff but probably because the front springs are still on the original PP struts due to a shipping error. They will be paired with Konis's soon.

Why the change?

And since I have to pull the fronts out again, is it worth changing to the new fronts?

I'm leaving the original rear handling springs with Koni's alone.

Last edited:

Cobraracer79

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic, PP1, 401A, MR, VE, A10, shaker audio
Wanted to make a post to inform you forum members of the recent change we made to our SP083 Handling Spring Kit for the S550 Mustangs.

We have changed the front spring rate to a more friendly 250lb/in linear design, and have lessened the drop amount to right at about 7/8" (on average for a stock GT)

The rear spring was also revised slightly to drop the car a touch more to the 3/4" zone.

So the spring package is:

Front: 250lb/in - 7/8" Drop
Rear: 980lb/in - 3/4" Drop

These springs "can" be used with stock dampers, but they will work best with either GT350 / FRPP Monotube "Track" dampers or most aftermarket dampers that are available from Koni, Steeda, Bilstein, Cortex etc.

Testing has been rigorous, and results have been favorable. Feedback has been flawless from the few who have been putting them to the test.

To my knowledge, this is the stiffest true linear spring design available on the market as I type this. :cheers:
I like the lowering drop and the spring rates. Do you have these for the 2018 GT, PP1 with Magne-ride yet?

Sponsored

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I will be ordering these springs soon, when the bilsteins for the rear are ready. I think these new springs will be perfect for what I want.

I need to take the rear apart again anyway, I've got the old BK049 rear diff poly bushing kit, I need to drill out the diff, and put in a better bolt. I've got the delrin cradle bushing kit Bk048, but these bolts keep backing out, I guess I need some locktite or something while I'm there.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I will be ordering these springs soon, when the bilsteins for the rear are ready. I think these new springs will be perfect for what I want.

I need to take the rear apart again anyway, I've got the old BK049 rear diff poly bushing kit, I need to drill out the diff, and put in a better bolt. I've got the delrin cradle bushing kit Bk048, but these bolts keep backing out, I guess I need some locktite or something while I'm there.
You will absolutely love the 083/Bils combo.

As for the bolts backing out, which ones are you referring to? The cradle bolts that go through the BK048? Please give me a call to discuss, that is not normal and should not be happening.

Thanks!

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I'm curious as to what material stock PP springs are. I noticed the BMR springs, both Handling and Performance are Chrome Silicon. Great material with an incredibly high cyclical life span. I'm still on the fence weather I want to install the SP081 Performance springs or the SP084R handling springs...on stock PP struts and for a daily I'm a bit concerned about ride quality being too harsh for street use with the handling springs. Also too stiff can make the car unsettled on very bumpy roads. Yet I also like to auto x and occasional track for fun...choices choices choices!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious as to what material stock PP springs are. I noticed the BMR springs, both Handling and Performance are Chrome Silicon. Great material with an incredibly high cyclical life span. I'm still on the fence weather I want to install the SP081 Performance springs or the SP084R handling springs...on stock PP struts and for a daily I'm a bit concerned about ride quality being too harsh for street use with the handling springs. Also too stiff can make the car unsettled on very bumpy roads. Yet I also like to auto x and occasional track for fun...choices choices choices!
I would definitely go for SP080 or SP763 on stock shocks and struts. It still handles fabulous and better than stock, without reducing comfort. The handling springs will be a bit too much for the stock dampers, albeit not awful.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
What B said, if you go handling springs you really should change the dampeners...minimum Koni yellows....steeda's are good, bilstein, etc...see my sig.

Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Thanks for the input. Ill stick with the parts I have then as it sounds like a really good street / light duty track setup. Should go well with cb005 cradle lockout kit. Between those mods, my lightweight wheel setup and the Corsa Sports its about darn near just right. Maybe down the road a FP Stage 3 power pack for a little longer legs :headbang:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Can the Ford Racing dampers handle the high rates of these handling springs?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Can the Ford Racing dampers handle the high rates of these handling springs?
Yes, I'm pretty sure they will. I'm using the old rear, which is the same rate. My front GT350R springs are 240lbs/in, which is close to 250lbs/in.

Frankly, if BMR had the new version back then...I would have gone all four sides with it. I think it's the best rate and drop combination.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I’m giving serious consideration to switching to these springs.

While I do like this setup and it is fairly comfortable for DD, I really think this car needs a linear spring.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.