Sponsored

BMR Suspension S550 Mustang CB006 Front Chassis Brace - Final Product & Installation

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The best 4-pt brace on the market for the S550, by a long shot - being coated and shipped today!
CB006 coated 1.jpg
CB006 Coated 2.jpg
CB006 Coated 3.jpg
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'm gearing up to snatch this myself, I got the J&M sub frame alignment kit & the BMR "cradle lock-out" on the way. This should compliment the rear. Thank's BMR, I am a believer.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for believing [MENTION=26804]Coyote Red[/MENTION] !

Be sure to share pics once you acquire and install.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm planning on grabbing one of these too. This should compliment the BMR mods I've done in the rear :-)

I'm a believer in BMR parts as well. This brace looks like a superior design to the Steeda G Trac brace, especially considering the clearance issues the GTrac brace has. As soon as spring rolls I'm getting a CB006 along with new tires.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Well when a company like BMR is researching and developing products, R&D, and producing superior products you gotta get on board! BMR works! Thanks again. Oh I need better graphic's from BMR as I design and build my Coyote Red and other rides. Send graphic's to P.O. box 808 Seadrift,Tx. 77983 I'll send photo's of my projects with BMR graphics and build notes.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Kelly and BMR Team,

Thanks for designing and offering a very nice piece, great quality!! Just received the CB006 in the black hammered finish. I love the look of the black hammered finishes because I'm just not one for having different color parts (or "bling") in or under the car - like the stealth look and install.

This part is definitely very nice, welds are nice, overall construction is solid. I'd definitely recommended it to others, especially due to how it sits up in the chassis and does not protrude or create ground clearance issues (if lowered more than stock ride height).

Oh and your Christmas offering price was AWESOME too!! These were probably flying out of your shop for sure, awesome deal. I can't wait to have it installed (weather up this way is cold, so I'm hoping for some warmer weather soon).

How can I tell if the version received is the revised version, based on prior discussion within this very thread? I'm assuming it's the revised version due to being created closer to your Christmas/Holiday offering.

THANKS Kelly!! Keep up the awesome work on S550 offerings! I'll be on your list to order the CB005 hopefully soon.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Ugh the jealously. Us V6 guys' hearts drop a little when this thread pops up hahaha

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the support everyone!
[MENTION=13960]Cobra Jet[/MENTION] - when you say "new version" - are you referring to the front control arm mount bolt holes being a more snug fit? If so, it has been months since we revised those holes to make them smaller. Either way, you are good to go friend!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks for the support everyone!
[MENTION=13960]Cobra Jet[/MENTION] - when you say "new version" - are you referring to the front control arm mount bolt holes being a more snug fit? If so, it has been months since we revised those holes to make them smaller. Either way, you are good to go friend!
Hi Kelly,

Yes, the reference was regarding the front mount holes - thanks again for clarifying and the quick reply!

Sponsored

Johnny 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT Premium, 6MT
I just installed my brace today and noticed that my control arm bolt is 21mm not 24, has anyone seen this? Also on the drive home from work I was getting a lot of squeaking over bumps after the install, is this normal or did I do something wrong?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my brace today and noticed that my control arm bolt is 21mm not 24, has anyone seen this? Also on the drive home from work I was getting a lot of squeaking over bumps after the install, is this normal or did I do something wrong?
Make sure everything is torqued to spec.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I double checked everything before I lowered it, I guess I may have to check again?

Anyone else has any advice?
With this part, at the bolt that is attached to the control arm, you need to torque it with the hub loaded at ride height.

What I did was to jack up the wheel until the car is barely separating from the lift or stands, and then clock it. I guess the official way to clock it is the car loaded on all 4's...but you'll need an alignment rack, 4 wheel cribs, or one of those "underground stations" to do it.

Johnny 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT Premium, 6MT
With this part, at the bolt that is attached to the control arm, you need to torque it with the hub loaded at ride height.

What I did was to jack up the wheel until the car is barely separating from the lift or stands, and then clock it. I guess the official way to clock it is the car loaded on all 4's...but you'll need an alignment rack, 4 wheel cribs, or one of those "underground stations" to do it.
I have access to a drive on lift so I may have to give that a try this weekend.
Sponsored