Sponsored

BMR Suspension New Product Release - Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearing Kit - BK055

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Mine came with the O-rings (snap rings) below:

Sorry to correct you but those are snap rings. A o-ring is a rubber seal. Good job btw. :cheers:
Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Couple of notes regarding the install:
  • Surprisingly it's harder to remove the OEM bushing than it is to push in the BMR bearing.
  • Use a good amount of anti-seize - the BRT001 bearing and the nut get really hot and it can seize on you if you don't have enough anti-seize.
  • Deep socket is a must, don't even try to use a standard size 15/16 socket for the BRT001 bearing side. You can use a 15/16 standard size socket for the welded side of the BRT001 tool

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
[MENTION=11222]leszek[/MENTION] Would you be willing to sell the BRT001

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Message me when your ready.

Sponsored

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Is there a video of this being put in?
Any rear spring install video would cover most of the work getting things loose from the car.

The front inner control arm bolt I had trouble getting enough torque on to break it loose. I ended up using an end wrench up through the inner toe rod mounting bracket with a helper to break it loose. After that you can use a short socket with a wobble and a few extensions run between the half-shaft and the cradle to get it the rest of the way out.

Here is a picture of what I did. This is on the passenger side.

Jy1YQDVl.jpg

Last edited:

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
To BMR Team...

Have you all considered doing a Lower Control arm swap program opposed to selling the press? I realize the cost is more for a Lower Control arm, but I have seen vendors in the past offer this service. Basically sell a OEM LCA with the bearing installed, then get the credit back when you receive the OEM LCA with OEM bushing? Just asking. Thanks in advance. Or a rental program for the press?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Yes, we have considered it. That is what we were going to do originally.

However, we are extremely picky about modifying and shipping a used part out of our doors.

If we ever do offer this, it would be something along the lines of customers sending the arms in, we install and ship back. But, the cost to do this is simply not worth it. That would cost about $200-$300 for the end user, and take a week or longer.....when you can simply remove the arms, drive up to machine shop and hand them $50 or so to press the new ones in, in an hour or so.

We originally intended on purchasing new arms from Ford, installing our bearings, then selling. But those would be $700-$800 arms if we did that. ROI would not be too good, IMO.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Yes, we have considered it. That is what we were going to do originally.

However, we are extremely picky about modifying and shipping a used part out of our doors.

If we ever do offer this, it would be something along the lines of customers sending the arms in, we install and ship back. But, the cost to do this is simply not worth it. That would cost about $200-$300 for the end user, and take a week or longer.....when you can simply remove the arms, drive up to machine shop and hand them $50 or so to press the new ones in, in an hour or so.

We originally intended on purchasing new arms from Ford, installing our bearings, then selling. But those would be $700-$800 arms if we did that. ROI would not be too good, IMO.
Kelly any word on the camber links? I'm foaming at the mouth.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Still testing.

We have a few track days on them. We have found several shortcomings. So we are working on them until 100%.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I had these installed the other day because I was having a lot of issues with wheel hop in anything other than a straight line after installing a number of other products(see sig for full details).

Let me tell you these have helped a ton! Id say that the hop is 95% gone. Only time its noticeable now are under hard acceleration while turning and the tires break loose, but its only momentary rather than through the entire time. Its nice not feeling the hop while taking a normal sharp turn like the car was doing prior to the install.

The 1 draw back...and its quite noticeable...is the much stiffer ride. I feel like I switched out the mustang for one of those Nurburgring inspired track cars. Its night and day between how the car feels with and without them. It could be good or bad depending on how you like your car to ride.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback!

These have been a great seller for us since release - and I still believe they are one of the absolute best IRS mods you can perform.

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the feedback!

These have been a great seller for us since release - and I still believe they are one of the absolute best IRS mods you can perform.
Kelly, as Seatown Stang mentioned above, ride compared to stock is much stiffer. Is this normal? Ride was so much smoother stock, now I feel every imperfection in the road. Installed BK055 & CB005. Is it possible something was installed incorrectly.
Sponsored