Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,
I installed the BMR CB010 lockout kit and CB762 braces last weekend. I had also purchased the SCB766 to put in while I had everything apart. The sleeves slid right in to the front holes for the cradle bolts but I could not get the rears in to save my life. I used grease, more grease, tried to use the supplied bolt but couldn't get the threads started because the sleeve wasn't even attempting to go in (beveled side first). I couldn't easily take a picture but eyeballing it, it really didn't look like it was going to fit. I tried all 4 sleeves in both rear holes and none fit.

I checked and all the sleeves appear to be the exact same size. I didn't want to only leave the fronts in as I wasn't sure if that would cause issues not having the rears.

Has anyone else had this issue where the centering sleeves only appear to fit the front locations and not the rear? I don't plan on any more IRS mods at this time so I guess it's not a huge deal as long as the alignment I am getting today checks out. Test drive of the car didn't show any issues or signs of misalignment but I will know more later today.

I'm frustrated that I wasn't able to get those installed where they should have been the easiest part of the job.
Sponsored

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Same exact thing happened to me. Even tried it with the supplied bolt and an electric impact gun. Didn't hurt the sleeve, but it absolutely won't fit. If you look at the rear holes, there is a "lip" there that is not present on the front holes. It's almost a sleeve/grommet at the opening. My best guess is there was a subframe revision at some point and BMR didn't get the memo. Mine is a 2016 though, so not really sure how that wasn't caught yet lol. Just said forget it and left them on the bench where they remain to this day.

About it being the easiest part...installing them should be, but getting the bolts threaded after is not going to be easy. Just leave them out, they're unnecessary with the other parts you have.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
They fit in my 2018... with a ton of effort. Greased them ALOT and used the supplied bolt plus patience. I did not use an impact. Yes they aren’t needed if you’ll never drop the subframe again but I have future plans and it was worth the pita.

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Especially with the CB005, they're not needed. BMR said that specifically in a thread. The CB005 centers it pretty well on it's own. I knew if I forced them, one of two things would happen: 1) the sleeve would explode from hundreds of pounds of force trying to cram it into a hole it doesn't fit into, or 2) I'd get it half way in and never be able to get it back out lol. It really looked like it would be easier/possible to drop it in from the top vs trying to force it through the reinforced "lip" on the bottom, but meh.

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
At the time, I figured while I had it all apart, it would be worth doing in case I ever needed to have it apart again.

The beveled end wouldn't even go into the hole half way up the beveled edge. There was no way for me to start the long bolt to aid installation as the length of the sleeve prevented being able to even get 1 thread started.

I am not sure if the CB010 + CB762 makes the centering sleeves unnecessary but for now, I guess I just won't worry about it since the alignment is done.

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I will never understand why people come on here to complain instead of going to the source.
Come on man.

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will never understand why people come on here to complain instead of going to the source.
Come on man.
My intention wasn't just to complain. I was hoping someone might have experienced this and had a solution or perhaps I was doing something wrong.

I also sent an email to BMR support to see what they have to say.

Thanks for the comment though.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I watched a cj pony parts video of the install of these and it clearly states that if your cradle is misaligned from the factory they wont go in. You must move the cradle in order for them to fit. Its the same for bmr as it is for steeda.

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I watched a cj pony parts video of the install of these and it clearly states that if your cradle is misaligned from the factory they wont go in. You must move the cradle in order for them to fit. Its the same for bmr as it is for steeda.

Are you talking about the centering sleeves? I hope not, because the cradle being misaligned has absolutely zero to do with a sleeve not fitting inside of a hole lol.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you even look at the video from the 1 minute mark? He’s gotta loosen all four then install them.. they’ll fit then..

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you even look at the video from the 1 minute mark? He’s gotta loosen all four then install them.. they’ll fit then..
He made one important comment in the video for that kit. There are two different size sleeves, larger ones for front and slightly smaller for rear. That lines up with what I saw on my cradle. The BMR kit I have appears to have all same sized sleeves which fit the front but not the back.

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
There is absolutely no logical correlation between a misaligned subframe and a sleeve not fitting in a hole. Maybe you're misunderstanding OP's issue.

He made one important comment in the video for that kit. There are two different size sleeves, larger ones for front and slightly smaller for rear. That lines up with what I saw on my cradle. The BMR kit I have appears to have all same sized sleeves which fit the front but not the back.
That would 100% be the reason if that's true. Mine were all the same size as well. Even measured them to be sure. Looks like we're the lucky ones to receive the boxes packed by the trainee. Unfortunately I bought mine BNIB via the classifieds, so I'm SOL.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Bmr instructions call for using the supplied bolt that comes with kit for when you can’t push them in by hand.

https://www.bmrsuspension.com/siteart/install/SCB766.pdf
I tried but because the sleeve doesn't even start to go in, that prevents the bolt from starting to thread into the bolt hole. I tried pushing it up to the bolt hole as much as I could hoping to get the threads started but no dice. Looking at it, even the beveled end doesn't even start to go into the hole so the rest of the sleeve would be even harder to get in being wider than the beveled edge.

Hoping BMR comes back with an update that it was just packed wrong but we'll see.
Sponsored