2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What year is your car op?

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
That doesn't make sense to make a smaller bushing to fit past the bushing lip only to be loose once past the lip. They all need to be the same size.

Lower the subframe further on one side at a time, drop the shock mount upper bolts. No lip on the top of the subframe bushing. They drop right in.

I'd be extremely careful using the weldnuts in the frame as in sort of leverage or something to use an impact on. One of the few areas that thread repair will be a PITA

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't make sense to make a smaller bushing to fit past the bushing lip only to be loose once past the lip. They all need to be the same size.

Lower the subframe further on one side at a time, drop the shock mount upper bolts. No lip on the top of the subframe bushing. They drop right in.

I'd be extremely careful using the weldnuts in the frame as in sort of leverage or something to use an impact on. One of the few areas that thread repair will be a PITA
Thank you for this. I didn't realize the opening from the top is different and would be an option to drop them in from the top.

Sponsored

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
FYI, I was able to install the centering sleeves (BMR) on a 2020 today with out issue from the bottom. There is a lip, but I was able get past it.

I used the supplied bolt, greased the sleeve, and inserted with the tapered end up. The bolt took the sleeve about 50% of the way before bottoming out the threads. I was then able to “beat” it the rest of the way with a socket and hammer relatively easy.

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, I was able to install the centering sleeves (BMR) on a 2020 today with out issue from the bottom. There is a lip, but I was able get past it.

I used the supplied bolt, greased the sleeve, and inserted with the tapered end up. The bolt took the sleeve about 50% of the way before bottoming out the threads. I was then able to “beat” it the rest of the way with a socket and hammer relatively easy.
Glad to hear you were able to get them in. How far did the sleeve go in before using the bolt? The edge of the tapered end won't clear the opening at all to even begin to be inserted. May try to file the bevel a bit to get it started if I can bring myself to try again some day ..

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Glad to hear you were able to get them in. How far did the sleeve go in before using the bolt? The edge of the tapered end won't clear the opening at all to even begin to be inserted. May try to file the bevel a bit to get it started if I can bring myself to try again some day ..
Yes, that is correct...the beveled edge does not go into the opening at all by hand. But the bolt is long enough, and with the washer, it holds the sleeve reasonably straight. Then tightening the bolt, it went right in.

I installed the BMR IRS support CB762 and the front 4 point front brace, plus the cradle lockout kit. None of it went excellent, and it took me all dang day (my issues, not BMR). But it is done now....

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Does anyone know if the BMR SCB766 could cause some sort of issue because all 4 alignment dowels are the same size?

I went with the BMR because they were cheaper and overall its not a necessary part, but the Steeda has different front and rear sizes and they're delrin instead of polyurethane.

Looking back I might've gone with Steeda since they seem to be the better engineered part, and I'm hoping the BMR won't cause any issues down the line.

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You're prob looking at the overall insert height. Steeda created a shorter front one for use with the bmr craddle lock out that partially sticks into the front bushing center sleeve.

The bmr poly is not far from delrin. Its not budging.

No difference in the final result with either brand. Run what you bought

MICHPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
You're prob looking at the overall insert height. Steeda created a shorter front one for use with the bmr craddle lock out that partially sticks into the front bushing center sleeve.

The bmr poly is not far from delrin. Its not budging.

No difference in the final result with either brand. Run what you bought
I was looking at the diameter.

The Steeda instructions mention that the rear sleeves are thinner than the fronts and just slide right in, while the BMR kit has the bolt and washer for the installation since you have to shove the rears in with more force because all four are the same diameter. I was worried that might cause some issue potentially deforming the bolt or cradle where the sleeve inserts further down the line and if it would I'd change it out for the Steeda but it seems unlikely, maybe even silly but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
No, the inserts will not deform the cradle or the bolt. I don’t know anything about Steedas inserts (other than their stuff is generally good), but if I had BMR inserts in my hand I wouldn’t replace them with anything else.
Sponsored