Sponsored

BMR Road race K member installed

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Slamdcoop0428 @BMR Tech How do the factory control arms fit back inside their saddles on the new kmember? I have the BMR one on my S197 car and reused the factory lower control arms, and it was an ever loving bI%$& to get them in. They're in, but I'm still uncomfortable with the fitment.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
I’d recommend removing the road racing qualifier. Unless BMR comes out and says this has been designed AND tested for road course use, it could be very dangerous and expensive experiment for someone - yourself included.
Well good thing I didn’t make it and can call it as I see it. If people want to go by my title. That’s on them. I’m sure @BMR Tech can chime in more.

OP
OP
Slamdcoop0428

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
@Slamdcoop0428 @BMR Tech How do the factory control arms fit back inside their saddles on the new kmember? I have the BMR one on my S197 car and reused the factory lower control arms, and it was an ever loving bI%$& to get them in. They're in, but I'm still uncomfortable with the fitment.
The rear front control arm went in easy, the front control arm was a little harder to go in.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I am curious why drag racers ditch the front sway bar. I get weight reduction but unless the car is 100% race use, the few pounds seems unnoticeable to the benefit of having a semi balanced suspension
Probably depends, if you want more suspension travel remove it. Though some people put limiters in (which a sway bar acts like in this sense). I did remove mine, I don't really notice the difference in corners, but I also don't corner any faster than the traffic on the road; I only punch it when the wheels are pointed straight.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
@Slamdcoop0428 - Did you happen to weigh your BMR KM760 K-member before installing? The factory GT350 k-member comes in at 60 lbs, and wanted to see what the true weight savings were on BMR's street version.

Their website states a 53 lbs weight savings, but I know the street nor the drag version would weigh 7 lbs all in. Maybe the GT350 factory k-member is lighter than the standard mustang pieces.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Just going off the pics. BMR appears to be DOM mild steel and Steeda appears to be chromoly. So Steeda's would be lighter and less susceptible to corrosion.

My apologies if I am incorrect on either.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Just going off the pics. BMR appears to be DOM mild steel and Steeda appears to be chromoly. So Steeda's would be lighter and less susceptible to corrosion.

Steeda's is powder coated DOM steel as well.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Well good thing I didn’t make it and can call it as I see it. If people want to go by my title. That’s on them. I’m sure @BMR Tech can chime in more.
Our 2015 GT which is only used for road racing received KM760 # 1 over a year ago and is still on the car.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
@Slamdcoop0428 - Did you happen to weigh your BMR KM760 K-member before installing? The factory GT350 k-member comes in at 60 lbs, and wanted to see what the true weight savings were on BMR's street version.

Their website states a 53 lbs weight savings, but I know the street nor the drag version would weigh 7 lbs all in. Maybe the GT350 factory k-member is lighter than the standard mustang pieces.
53lbs lighter with the KM761 is due to removing the front swaybar and endlinks as well I believe it says "K member system "

Stock K-Member with motor mounts Weighs 66lbs
Stock K-Member without motor mounts weighs 58lbs
BMR KM760 without motor mounts weighs 42lbs
Our KM760 is 16lbs or 26% lighter than OEM

BMR KM761 with motor mounts weighs 36lbs

Last edited:

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Let me first say, it's been a long time coming.

I actually talked to BMR (don't remember who) about a K member for the S550/GT350 a couple of years ago and was basically told, it wasn't worth the squeeze, only a few lbs of weight and the cost to develop it and fab it would make selling it difficult ($/lb saved).

Nonetheless, here we are now with 2 options. I pulled the trigger on the Steeda k member (before BMR unveiled and the whole Mustang King marketing deal:)

First let me say to both companies, the product is awesome and it's been a long time waiting.

Having said that, what frustrates me is that neither company truly did an OEM replacement level job. The Steeda (and it seems BMR) doesn't feature the locations or tabs for the oil and trans cooler brackets. Neither kit features the holes for the belly pan attachment (zip ties? WTF, we're talking about powder coating but we're using the words zip ties in the same discussion?)

As for the magneride attachments, one thing I don't like about the Steeda is that the holes aren't tabbed, so I'm fearful the swing arms will move the bracket and throw off the calibration (the OEM has a tab insert to keep it from rotating).

I know they are a bunch of little things, but I'd have gladly paid an extra hundo or more to have some tabs welded on or screw holes tapped where necessary so I didn't have to use redneck ass zip ties to hold my car together.

But again, I'd gladly rock either product and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, just wish these were truly fabbed all the way for the PP2/GT350 crowd if it's truly a road race piece.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)

The only weights we know and can confirm are ours and stock with that being said .

BMR KM760 street 16lbs or 26% lighter than OEM
BMR KM761 drag 36lbs or 37% lighter than OEM

I believe the next lightest option is said to be 20% lighter which I can't confirm.
Sponsored